Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: John's 1" Lift

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    nice pics dude, thanks for some comparison shots. any luck finding XK hemi coils?

looks good man, dig the stance. you running wheel spacers yet?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Thanks man. Little bit too much rake but that's what the new coils will be for. I'm working on the coils though, may have found a used pair. I've just been dragging my feet with it lately and been too busy to look around haha. Not running spacers yet, still waiting for a good deal on craigslist for some Moabs first. I can get 4 Moabs for $250 with free shipping on ebay but I feel like I can get a better deal if I just wait it out. Maybe I'll just suck it up haha.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

if you lived closer i saw a chick unloading 4 moabs for $100 from her 2012 JK. id check out jk-forum, someone is always unloading a set of moabs with spacers for a reasonable price. if they come with tires, just a way to make your money back.

so looing forward to dropping the BB, removed my rear MLLs this weekend and threw some stock shocks in the rear- amazed i lost 2" in the rear and im just an inch higher than your measurements with a BB and OEM XK shocks in the rear. crazy.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Man that's a deal...wish more people off roaded where I am. I'll keep an eye on jkforum but I'm sure shipping would be killer unless I found someone close.

I've always heard that the Daystar runs on the smaller end...guess you would even notice that big of a difference with XK coils and some 1/2in spacers haha. You must've had some serious rake with those MLLs then.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Finally got some Hemi XK coils from Trialbyfire yesterday morning! Now just need to find some time to throw them on...

John

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Is there any difference between the 3.7L/5.7L XK coils? If not I have an extra set someone could have, if they are looking to run a similar set up to this.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah theres about 4 different spring pairs available depending on engine/options.

Yep, like Matt said, there are different spring rates. The Hemi XK ones are quite a bit higher than my current ones so that's why I went with them.
    John

awesome! looking forward to the results. everytime i think of revamping my BB and throwing a new one in there like a RRO i look at this thread LOL.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Haha well I'm going to plan on throwing them on next weekend hopefully. I'm getting tired of the raked look! I may even add another 1/4" spacer while I have it apart. I'll make sure to get some good before and after pictures!
    John

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information