Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: John's 1" Lift

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    So here are some updates:

Short story, I didn't get as much lift as I wanted, a little or 1/4" but I'll measure again. So that's a little disappointing, but it's not all bad. I didn't think I'd notice too much, but the ride is MUCH better IMO. Ever since I put Hemi/tow XK coils in the rear, I thought the ride was a little unbalanced. Now that I have both, it feels just right. It's not harsh at all, almost perfect in my opinion.

This is the end of my quest until I just get those sweet new 5100 Bilsteins or something even cooler like a Superlift (or both!).

Other updates, I took out Matt's 1/2" rear spacer last weekend because I wanted a more level look and I love the stance now. I'll put them back in when I get some 5100's but I don't even wanna think of tearing the front end apart again. What a nightmare that was.

My WK doesn't look THAT much higher when alone I think, but when I park next to a stock WK or see one in the parking lot, definite difference. It stands out for sure. I actually get looks when I drive by now but that might be because of the diesel haha.

Here's some pics:

Working...

New front coils in, rear spacers out.

In the parking lot on an incline.

I think the rear leveled out a bit more since then, those were taking right after. I'll get some more/better ones later.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    so youre running a strut spacer in the front and nothing but coil in the rear?

looks great man, glad to hear some feedback on the coil upgrade. kind of confirms whether i should go with the 5100s or not when i put mine in. tires look right at home, thought of running some spacers to widen the stance?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Thanks man. The final set up is Hemi XK coils front and rear, Bilstein HDs all around, and a strut spacer in the front. The tires fit really well with that set up. I was gonna wait until I found a good deal on moabs for spaces but no one is selling locally so I'm probably just gonna get some 1" Boras.

If I were you and needed new struts, I would definitely get those 5100s and set them at .75". Unfortunately, my HDs are pretty new.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    You have a lot of work and sweat in her... and she looks Great because of it !
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    You have a lot of work and sweat in her... and she looks Great because of it !
    Thanks a lot, it's great learning more about it by working on it!

Got a chance to get the Jeep a little muddy today and the Duratracs plus QDII did very well! And got a few more pics:

John

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looking great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

definitely looks alot more level now, glad to see her dirty and that shes riding well.

great work.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
    glad to see her dirty and that shes riding well.

great work.

Oh, my....
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Thanks guys!

Paroxysym, did you ever get your suspension revamp done?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    Thanks guys!

Paroxysym, did you ever get your suspension revamp done?
    no, not yet. my gfs TJ has been taking up my time and some funds- that things a mess. but im hoping to get mine down to stock springs and done by the end of the year. suspension def needs a revamp thats for sure.

what are your measurements from hub to fender? just wondering what i will run in the front with XK coil + matts 1/2" spacer in the rear...
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information