Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: John's 1" Lift

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    Does anyone know or can anyone estimate how much lift I'd see out of a set of Hemi XK front coils? I definitely want to swap those out, but I want to know if I should go ahead and throw in another set of 1/4" strut spacers while I've got everything apart. I know I need new bolts if I do that, but I can find someone to weld them on.
    i think youll probably yield a 1/2" or a hair over. i mean the difference in spring rates is pretty big- over 150lbs. probably wont need that extra strut spacer or have to worry about the welding. still havent thrown mine in yet- still gathering parts.

looks nice man. id be curious to see how it looks parked next to a stocker. aside from the front- youre at 20" from center of the hub to the fender?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Thanks, I'm probably just gonna go with the coils for now and when I add skids and such in the future, I'll put another spacer in. I'd really like a bit stiffer ride from the new coils too. I got a quote from Kolak so I might just buy them new but I'm still searching around for a used set. Did you end up picking some up?

I'm going to Walmart today so I'll search for a stocker. In the rear, I think I'm at 20.5 with Matt's rear spacer. I'll check again when I get home.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Thanks, I'm probably just gonna go with the coils for now and when I add skids and such in the future, I'll put another spacer in. I'd really like a bit stiffer ride from the new coils too. I got a quote from Kolak so I might just buy them new but I'm still searching around for a used set. Did you end up picking some up?

I'm going to Walmart today so I'll search for a stocker. In the rear, I think I'm at 20.5 with Matt's rear spacer. I'll check again when I get home.
    yup got a set from Andrew- hemi/tow package coils from an XK. they have around 70k on them, but im sure they have plenty of life in them and are stiffer than my 4.7 WK coils.

have you contacted justforjeeps.com for front xk hemi coils? http://www.justforjeeps.com/06xkcofrsp.html, jeepgarage.org has a discount code for the site too
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    What's the spring rate difference between Hemi and 4.7 liter XK?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
    yup got a set from Andrew- hemi/tow package coils from an XK. they have around 70k on them, but im sure they have plenty of life in them and are stiffer than my 4.7 WK coils.

have you contacted justforjeeps.com for front xk hemi coils? http://www.justforjeeps.com/06xkcofrsp.html, jeepgarage.org has a discount code for the site too
    I'm sure they have plenty of life too. Thanks for the tip, I have not. However Kolak quoted me $30 cheaper than that so I'd probably go with him if I buy new.

Have you installed them yet? How much stiffer is the ride? I find my stock front coils a bit to soft for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    What's the spring rate difference between Hemi and 4.7 liter XK?
    I'm not sure but if I had to guess I'd be similar to what I have now. You have a Commander but I have a diesel which is probably at least 100lbs more.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

so i did a search and moog offers replacement springs for a 2007 like mine with a 4.7. the spring rate they have listed for them are 94lbs. ..
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Thats definitely a misprint

Yeah that's got to be a misprint. How much are they going for? Not that I'm interested because I want Hemi XK coils...
    John

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm sure they have plenty of life too. Thanks for the tip, I have not. However Kolak quoted me $30 cheaper than that so I'd probably go with him if I buy new.

Have you installed them yet? How much stiffer is the ride? I find my stock front coils a bit to soft for my liking.

I'm not sure but if I had to guess I'd be similar to what I have now. You have a Commander but I have a diesel which is probably at least 100lbs more.
    The diesel actually weighs less than the 4.7 liter. Just saying!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

No way, A WK CRD has a curb weight of 4872 whereas a 5.7 Hemi comes in at 4735!
    John

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information