Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave (valpacer)..... how you doing???

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Dave (valpacer)..... how you doing???

I remember you saying you guys were expecting 3 days of heavy rain..... and now I just saw a news report of major flooding in Queensland.

Hope all is well man!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    X2
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Thanks Guys, we are in on danger where we are, but its everywhere else! Spent 2 full days on the road with callouts (we do all the fire protection maintenance for the Electricity supplier, all the substations etc) and drove countless flooded roads, but made it though.

Flood levels around us actually came in lower than expected which was good. Still lots of damage done, and the poor blokes west of us got smashed again, they got almost 900mm of rain (like 3 ft!) in 2 days, doesnt matter how many dams or levee's, nothing you can do!

The water is dropping up north finally, but lots of homes damaged up there.

Thanks for the concern Guys!

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Glad to hear you're doing alright. Flooding sucks.... water really has no mercy in terms of destruction.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    glad to hear your okay Dave

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Good to hear you are alright down there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Whew. What a week!

Thanks again for the messages guys!

Had to do some work out in the flooded areas to the west of us, ended up having to take the Jeep to access some of the substations. 3ft of topsoil over some roads, others were gone altogether and a 20ft deep trench is all thats left. And it was a double bitumen road!

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

And people think we're crazy for building vehicles like this! I bet that rig of yours really helped get through those damaged areas

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Good to hear youre ok Dave.. Our machines come in handy I pulled a Mustang out of a ditch today, roads were covered in an inch of snow and ice pretty slick this AM, kids dads f150 couldnt get him out so I let the HEMI out of its cage.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I bet it was moreso the QDII..... the open front diff and maybe a limited slip rear in the F150 isnt going to have any pulling power when its slick out! Power is useless without traction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information