This is just a general update on the Defender Roof rack for anyone interested in them.

My story started over a year ago when I saw Gulf550 mount one on his Commander. ( so all this is Gulf 550's fault !! LoL) I thought it would work good for me and my intended application for it. I finally ordered it in February of LAST year. I then ordered the driving, backup and side scene lights for it.

My lights have been lonely, sitting in the garage all by themselves this last year ! I ordered the rack from 4 Wheel Parts. Every 2 or so months I would call to check on its status. They would call Off Road Unlimited ( owner of Defender Roof racks), and the reply would always be, " would be shipped in the next 30-45 days".

After 5 months I called ORU and was told they had lost their old manufacture but had a new one that was just coming up to speed and I should have mine in approx .. you guessed it .. 30-45 days !!

I have continued to call both and continued to get conflicting storys..... Last week the update from 4Wheel Parts was that it would now be this summer before shippment.... So once again I called ORU, acting like a new customer, and was told they are completing all their back orders and if I ordered the rack then, I should get it in approx 2-3 weeks. ??

Called 4 wheel parts... again they say ORU are not manufacturing any and still expect shipping this summer. Wondering if ORU was just wanting to get more orders on the books ???? ( or not prioritizing 4Wheel Parts orders ??)

4 Wheel Parts have been very polite and have offered me a $50 discount on any future order if I do not cancel this rack order.

Soooo.. Some day I hope I can complete my last major project and mount my lights...

I'll update again with any new relevant info.. hope this helps anyone thinking about the Defender Roof rack. I do like the rack ! Just wish I had better luck in trying to get it ...