Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Defender Roof Rack update

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Your way to nice man, I would have yanked my order so long ago.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Well approximately a week after I sent Mike my "nice" E-mail..... he sent me another hardware box # DS24-6.

Today I had a few minutes to lay it out and see if I finally had all the correct pieces...

The parts list six base plates.... and they show, in the diagram below and parts list 12 "flat washers " two for each base plate, they are used over the top of and sandwich the factory rail between the base plate and the flat washers. It also shows in the diagram and in the parts list Phillips screws to clamp the two together.

Well my first kit did not have any Phillips screws or any flat washers as depicted in the diagram. They did have 1" bolts to clamp the two pieces together and only 6 flat squarish washers with two curved edges. The 6 washers and bolts vs. screws appear to be a better design than in the diagram. BUT there was only 6 vs. 12 . Even the first company rep said there should be 12.

Interesting the " new " box also only had 6 and did not have any bolts to secure the 3 rack pieces together. So between the two boxes... I FINALLY have the rack and all the parts !!!!!!!

Now I'm going to try and find some time and see if I can get it installed.

I'd love to install the light bar at the top of this photo on my baby..... but it goes on one of our new ( to our Department ) vehicles.

It was over 100 today and after laying it out, I worked for an hour on just one light clamp.... it's going to take a while...but at least I'm finally in control of the install after a year and 1/2 LOL...

Oh and darn... my Defender plates " fell " off also.....

Last edited by 1USMC; 08-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I really want to see you blow this thing up on a bombing range or something....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I really want to see you blow this thing up on a bombing range or something....
    LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mate, that is patience past any normal expectations!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I've got one of these up for sale now. Its in north seattle with pjmjr for $120.00. Has a cb mount already on it. pm him if you want it. It was made in 2009 when these seemed much easier to get.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    pm'd
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    I am VERY Happy to report .. yes .. Its Finally Installed.!.!. Good things happen to those that wait.... at least thats what I keep telling myself LOl.....

So for my ( I can't believe I can actually type this, didn't think it would ever happen .. ) Defender and Lights Installation Thread see >

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...LLY)-Installed
    Last edited by 1USMC; 09-02-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information