Thread: How do I share a word document?

Administrator
    Blog Entries

How do I share a word document?

I created a xk-forum.com business card that members can use to print cards to hand out or place on Commanders you see in parking lots or on the trails (we saw lots of Commanders at WC Camp Commander and I passed out several hand written notes).

Anyway, does anyone know how I can post the word document here so that others can use it on their computers?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    you can send it to a document management server. What version are you using. In 2007 version you hit the button in the upper left hand corner then you get a drop down menu. You should see a folder called publish then you get a couple more options. I would imagine you upload to the server then you are given an address to share with people. I have never tried it. Or you can email it out once you save your mailing list then its not that much work after that.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I may just send it as an e-mail to those who desire it, Thanks.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Why not make a PDF out of it? Then you can directly post it for either a download or directly opening in a web browser.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    Why not make a PDF out of it? Then you can directly post it for either a download or directly opening in a web browser.
    How do I make it into a PDF?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    You need Adobe Acrobat, (expensive) or a freebie PDF maker from the web. Sometimes, depending on the version, M$ Word has a PDF distiller button on the tool menu.

If not, then you can download Open Office. http://www.openoffice.org/ That gives you a complete Office suite which will deal with Microsoft documents, and best of all, it's FREE! It's nice to have for people who can't afford the big $$$ MS wants for Office.

In the Open Office Writer app, there's an ''export to PDF'' option in the file menu. Just load up your Word doc, and export it to PDF. Most web browsers have Adobe Reader built in, or it can easily be downloaded from Adobe. (For the end user to read/print the PDF from) http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sounds great, I have MS Office on my computer so I will look for the export feature tonight when I get home.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I am having no luck with this, can I e-mail the word doc to someone and then you can post it as a PDF?

Thread Information