Thread: Brake Controller mounting

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar

Brake Controller mounting

I needed to install my Tekowsha-3035P Brake Controller. As we have all had to figure out at one time or another.. ..where am I going to install my aftermarket items ?

Those little nooks do come in handy and I decided to use the one on the dash just to the left of the steering wheel.

I was concerned as to how far out the controller would protrude. But more important to me was being able to EASILY reach and manipulate the manual brake control lever.

Ok so now it’s time to start hacking, oh I mean surgically and precisely cutting … No I was in a hurry so it was more like hacking. Looking at the finished product from waist or higher level didn’t look to bad though. LOL ..

First I removed the plastic tray that I would insert the controller into. I then started hacking on the lower right corner of the dash.

Next I started notching the tray to allow the controller to be inserted to the depth I wanted and notch out a place for my fingers to access the manual control lever.

Now I needed a Hi-Tech way to secure the controller in the tray. It fit pretty tight but it needed something to make it more secure. After much research of all the available Hi-Tech devices that where available ( cost not a factor ), I finally came up with perfect solution.

An old SS screw of course !

Now the moment of truth. Will it work?

A pleasant surprise.. It worked better that I had imagined. The notch actually funnels/guides my fingers to the lever and it operates easily without hang up.

I’ll take good luck over skill any day !!

Last edited by 1USMC; 08-23-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    nice, I need to do something like this.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information