hoaxci5, thanks for the feedback.

The camper manufacturer lists shipping weight at 5,785 lbs. I'm assuming that includes all accessories since they were factory installed but excludes whatever we would put in it, LP gas, etc. I definitely need to clarify that with the dealer. I don't plan to travel with any water (40 gallon fresh). I'm thinking once it's loaded with gear it won't be over 6,500. I'd prefer to be under 6k, but I don't want to get over 6500. I'll have a full luggage rack and the 3rd row area will be packed. I'm fully expecting to just put a funnel in my gas tank so I can dump dollars in. For 13 years I've had a vehicle with a 10k towing capacity and now that I switch she wants to load it down

Just outta curiosity, what was it that made your towing not so fun? I expect that hilly areas will be a challenge, but for most trips I'm stuck in the painfully flat midwest. I'm just wondering if the trailer weight will pull the Commander all over the road, or is it wind gusts from opposite trucks, etc? I sure don't want a white-knuckle trip every time I head out!

I do have the tow package, and it includes electronic sway control. I'm sure that's no substitute for mechanical sway control, but it should help. I'm going to have to dig a little more into the brake controller install. I didn't expect to have to run through the firewall to the battery. I was really hoping it would be more of a plug and play type of install.