Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Skid plate

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar

Front Skid plate

Does anybody have the front skid mounted. im interested in it and would like to see some pictures of it mounted, and how you like it?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I know several people have purchased this item, Someone take some great photos so I can update the store.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'd love to see some pictures of this as well. My bent up oem front skid got cut up and used as the a-pillar mount for my snorkel
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I've been planning on buying this to replace my 4XG front skid & OEM suspension skid.... so i'd love to see some pictures too!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Well you may not have to wait to long, my OEM is rusted and Horrible looking so I may splurge and buy this.. Does it go over the bottom of the bumper like the 4xGuard or no? I hate how the bottom of core support is so exposed even to small rocks getting thrown up into it..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Well you may not have to wait to long, my OEM is rusted and Horrible looking so I may splurge and buy this.. Does it go over the bottom of the bumper like the 4xGuard or no? I hate how the bottom of core support is so exposed even to small rocks getting thrown up into it..

The front of our skid attaches to the radiator support. A skid will be designed to run between the bumper and the front skid when the new design of the bumper is completed if needed.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Any idea in the time frame for that additional piece? That's honestly the only appealing part of 4xGuard, I'd like to keep all SA skids from here on..

2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Any idea in the time frame for that additional piece? That's honestly the only appealing part of 4xGuard, I'd like to keep all SA skids from here on..

It is our plan to work out all teh XK & WK bumpers in March, skids will be part of that process.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    It is our plan to work out all teh XK & WK bumpers in March, skids will be part of that process.
    Is this the v2 (is v2 correct?) bumper with the redesigned thinner winch area? Does this skid go from the bottom of the bumper to the rear of the engine bay? or will a stock skid be used in conjunction?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p@55w0rd View Post
    Is this the v2 (is v2 correct?) bumper with the redesigned thinner winch area? Does this skid go from the bottom of the bumper to the rear of the engine bay? or will a stock skid be used in conjunction?
    Yes, The V2 will turn the winch plate to feet forward for a shorter front exposure. The additional skid will then either be part of the bumper or be a small skid that extends from the bottom of the bumper to the radiator support and ties into our front skid plate at that point.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information