Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Emulsion rear shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Posted up already ^^^^
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

That link shows a longer sleeve not short ones like I have.. In the links picture its a single long piece that goes inside those bushings, I have 4 short sleeves that do not fit inside the bushings..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I know, lol we're posting too fast.

In my previous post I said you "should" have the longer sleeves that are 5/8" OD to convert the top shock mount to a bushing mount.

Those smaller metal spacers are for on each side of the bearing when using the heim setup.

So, after all the confusion hahaha how should I mount these bad boys up?!?!

Call JBA and ask them about the 5/8" OD - 1/2" ID sleeve that you believe you need to convert the top mount to a bushing mount. Then i'd install the bushings up top, use washer to fill any remaining gap, and use heim on the bottom.

How wide is the bottom with one of those metal spacers on each side?

Or just cut to the chase and order Part Number 9368T157 from mcmaster.com to save yourself the trouble.

1.25" the bottom measures with sleeve each side... Could I cut the top bushings down so they will fit up top and shim the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    1.25" the bottom measures with sleeve each side... Could I cut the top bushings down so they will fit up top and shim the bottom?
    Yeah the bottom you'll only need 1/4" on each side. A few fender washers on each side should do the trick.

For the top i'd go by the ORW instructions. Get the proper sleeve from JBA, local hardware store, or the mcmaster part number I posted.

My problem is I have no idea how to change out the top mount, Im going to call JBA now and see how they suggest installing..

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    My problem is I have no idea how to change out the top mount, Im going to call JBA now and see how they suggest installing..
    Looks like a set of snap ring pliers and then a c-clamp or any type of vise are the only "special" tools you need. basically just have to push out the bearing, and press in the bushings.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information