Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fox Emulsion rear shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Ok Brent said all they do for the top is put bushings in the slot and the top is done, no need for the part you're referring to.. For the bottom he said I can do what we discussed, he doesnt recall exactly what they did for the bottom mount..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ok so they basically just squish the bushings in the top without the sleeve and leave the bearing installed? I guess that'll work. I'll probably get the sleeves though when i do mine.

For the bottom I think you're good to go with the metal spacers and a few fender washers.

Im going to try the top they way they mentioned, as for the bottom after a couple idea's, if I use one of the rubber bushings and one of the metal sleeves it measures exactly 1.5", but is they shock bolt going to fit inside metal sleeve..?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Yea the lower shock bolt is 1/2" so it'll fit.

I wouldn't do it the way you mentioned though, it'll defeat the purpose of the heim.

I forgot Omelet did this a while ago. Looks like he did exactly what I was talking about:
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/o...l#post12818075

Ok so Ill do the bottom as we originally planned, metal sleeves with some washers and for the top Im going to try them the way JBA said first and order the order parts. Its already end of day Thursday I want to get these on and stop the annoying sounds coming from the old ones!!!

Dude it's only wednesday! lol you scared me for a second...

Yea I know that must have mistyped!!! Hahaha

Its funny cause my week is screwed up... had off Monday for the holiday, and i'm home taking care of my boy today, so i have no bearing on the days of the week right now haha

Dont crack on me but I figure the days out by my workout schedule mondays chest/bi's, tuesday shoulders/traps, etc.. hahaha its honestly the only way I know what day it is, being self employed and working from home is great, but you never know what day it is!!!

Next time we're at Rausch your CB handle is gonna be "bi-monday" lol.

I'm a bit bummed. Fox never got back to me after exchanging a few E-mails this morning. I left them a message but probably caught them too late in the day, so I'll have to call tomorrow morning when they open up. One good thing about having a March birthday, don't mind spending a bit more of that tax return on a birthday present to myself (the majority is going into savings though)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information