Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OME HD at 38" in front.....

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar

OME HD at 38" in front.....

I put in the OME this weekend and was quite surprised that with 265/70s came to 38" in the front.

That's with OME HD springs and struts up front with new spring seats and a 3/8" spacer on top. I also used the trick of putting the fork bolt through the strut as low as possible..... but I was only expecting about 36" total. The rear came out to 36 1/8" with OME HD springs only.

I'm quite surprised that the front came out so high, especially with the plow mount and front receiver that had bottomed out the stock springs in 2 years. Wasn't counting on explaining this much lift to my wife either, though, her only comment so far is that the front's higher than the rear.

So, for others that have done the same, how much settling can be expected over the first few days, weeks, months.......?

Some measurements:

Before Install (bottomed out stock springs in front), Stock Fortera 245 with 55k:

Front: 31 1/2", 17 1/2" center of hub to fender
    Rear: 33 1/2", 19 3/4" center of hub to fender

After Install, stock Fortera 245s:

Front: 37", 23 3/8" center of hub to fender
    Rear: 35 1/2, 21 3/4" center of hub to fender

With General Grabber AT2, 265/70-17:
    Front: 38"
    Rear: 36 1/8"

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Your running a 3/8 spacer up front, so the front will sit higher than the rear. You should add a spacer to the rear now. The front might settle a little but nothing to crazy.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I thought the front spacer would help minimize the slope......but I may have overdone it. Now it slopes to the rear.

It has settled a little already after a day and a half and an alignment it is sitting at 37 1/2" on the driver side. The right side was 38 and change right after the tires went on, but I haven't remeasured yet......

However, I am quickly getting use to it and the only concern I have is that my wife has now fallen out twice..... that's 2 for 2.

Matt's rear spacers are on the way to help get the slope back in the right direction.

Good choice!!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I'm not sure how I measured 37 1/2" after the alignment...... I checked again yesterday and both fronts were just a hair under 38" (if at all), 37 7/8" at the least.

Rear is sitting at 36 1/2" on both sides, after "settling".

I took new measurements after taking care of horrendous squeaking in both front bump stops (though I couldn't hear the right until fixing the left). A big gob of Vasoline spread on top of both have them nice and quiet now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I think I need to do this now!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    after taking care of horrendous squeaking in both front bump stops (though I couldn't hear the right until fixing the left). A big gob of Vasoline spread on top of both have them nice and quiet now. Hopefully it stays that way.
    I was dealing with that issue as well & used a lith spray, so far so good
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt
    Anyone know if the medium springs sit any lower? I look to be ordering soon and not wanting a reverse rake any more than the current rake.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

I had MD rear springs installed for a few days. Didnt like them because they didnt provide enough lift so I swapped them out for the HD's and gained almost an inch in the rear. I had HD coils up front already and thought I'd be fine with the MD's in the rear cause I took out my third row seats. I was wrong

Pictures came out not so good...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-25_16-41-42_457.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	1835

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-25_16-27-01_863.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1836

Anybody know how to take good photos with a Droid 4?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information