Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Administrator
    Blog Entries

What do you do for a living?

This is a place to share what you do for a living, you never know you might just find another member who does the same thing!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I am a Sergeant with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Maricopa County, Arizona with Federal 287g Duties.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I'm a Graphic Designer for Allied Electronics, one of the largest Electronic and Electromechanical component distributors in the USA.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm a SSG in the 82nd Airborne Division. My MOS 11BP (Infantry-Parachute ).

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Sorry guys but my job is better than all of yours. I'm retired and my mission is to find interesting places to drive my Commander and do as I please. Just came back from a 3,700 mile trip out West and visited 7 National Parks...My Commander performed like a dream...Headed to Jellystone next month.
    Thanks to the law enforcement and military members for ensuring my safety while traveling around this beautiful country.
    HT

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dont jump out of airplanes, boo hoo ! I just paint cars.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I am an Insurance Agent. Primarily commercial business.
    I specialize in amusements rides/devices and related entertainment business,
    used car dealers, and bars.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'm a SSG in the 82nd Airborne Division. My MOS 11BP (Infantry-Parachute ).
    we used to call the ground pounders " 11 bang-bang's " (no disrespect my dad was one too)
    i used to play elevator in my blackhawk for the guys to jump out.

me? well, i'm just a dumb weldor ~~~~>
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Doc, There is nothing dumb about your welding. I have seen your work and I see nothing dumb about it.

I have had an unusual and enjoyable career. I have alway said that if you enjoy your occupation then it is not really work. After returning from Nam I spent the next ten years working in Ophthalmology. In the early 1980's I built one of the first Ambulatory Surgery Centers in the country for our practice. For most of the next 20 years I designed and developed over 100 ASC's all around the country. I enjoy traveling comfortably so I chose a career that matched my desire to travel. The last 13 years have mostly been invested in the development and manufacturing of Mobile Surgery Facilities that match the regulatory compliance standards of a hospital or ASC for licensing and medicare certification. The easiest way to describe what I do its to visit our web site if you are interested at www.amohs.com.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    Doc, There is nothing dumb about your welding. I have seen your work and I see nothing dumb about it.
    it's a joke... i have an I.Q. of 165 (seriously) and started my college courses while i was still in 9th grade, i was a business major with 7 semesters of japanese under my belt preparing for international business. i have always prefered working with my hands and read a report that there were no blue collar workers left and the business degree just put you first in line to flip a Big Mac. i followed the mechanical side of my skills which lead me to being a maintenance engineer. through my studies i learned to "see" the failure before it was built which lead me to where i am.

Stone Soup is actually my 4th start up business. i owned 2 tattoo shops with piercing studios in germany until i needed to return to the states to spend time with my sister who wasn't going to be with us much longer. i spent time at a buddy's shop building chassis, engines, sand rails & race cars then went out on my own. i had a mobile welding business that grew into a general contracting company and a welding shop.

my wife is a member of MENSA but i declined due to their stuffy attitudes and know i am much more than a "dumb weldor" but i like to play the roll
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information