Two-way radio technician. (Police, fire, dispatch centers, Hanford Nuclear comm systems, etc.) And, no, I do NOT work on CB's. I've been with this company for 32 years.

I'm also a locksmith, and have a degree in refrigeration. I just do company related work, I don't go out at night and unlock cars for people, or fix fridges.

I quit after the 8th grade, GED'ed out, (Never did see the inside of a high school) and was wiring houses all by myself at 16. I didn't even have a driver's license yet... I'd get dropped off at the new house with a pile of wire, breaker panel, switch boxes, a Hole-hog drill, and the set of plans for the house, and I'd go to work. Later, I got into commercial electrical, (which was more fun) and by 18, got hired on as a temp by Motorola. I was ''stole away'' from Motorola in '78, and have been here ever since.

My side jobs for many years, (Mainly for friends etc.) is wiring race Jeeps and hotrods. There's been a few fun ones such as a '46 Ford flat nose truck. It has a mid engine 426 Hemi with a Roots blower on top. All the engine electronics went under the seat in the cab. The guy built a cage over the engine. (Like an animal cage at a zoo) Despite weighing about 9,500 lbs. the truck will do zero to 60 in about 5 seconds. The original duels were replaced with 3 foot wide racing slicks.

My hobbies include playing with lasers with enough power to drill holes and leave the mark of Zorro, flying, boating, hiking, Jeeping, (Duh) and traveling the USA in a 40 diesel motorcoach.