Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IamJEEP's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    they sell em at parts stores, I got mine from Hidden Hitch online. Its a very simple way to add the trailer plug.
    http://www.hiddenhitch.com/content/p...id=1505&part=0
    I wish I would of known about this earlier. This is the way to go , instead of running the factory harness all the way to the front and programming the comp to recognize you have a hitch.

Cico, you should go that route that NeilSmith pointed out.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    When I installed my hitch, I used a T-One Connector for the trailer light plug instead of using an oem wiring harness. I did not have to do any computer programming for the plug to work. I have towed a utility trailer and the plug had no problems. Is this what you are referring to ?
    Yes, I have to program the comp to recognize the harness.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

$$$New Wheels and Tires$$$

New wheels and tires installed tonight, Man what a difference! I had to take some quick pics for someone (Hmmm?) so, they are not the best. Whenever I have time to clean up the Jeep and take nice pics, I'll replace these. But, for now here you go....."Someone".

Specs..........
    MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET
    Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17

First Thoughts............
    The offset is perfect..puts the wheel just about flush with the flairs. There is plenty of clearance on backside to clear the dreaded bolt. Gives the Commander a muscular look from the front/rear and fills out the wheel wells nicely. The tires rub at full lock in the usual spot but, just barely. I think I can get away with just remolding the inner wells and not mess with the pinch weld, we will see later. These tires are not as aggressive as I wanted but, they are almost silent. If I roll up the windows and kick on the a/c, I cant here them at all. I do 95% on road daily driving so, tire silence is a plus. We will see how they perform next month at Uhwarrie.
    Last edited by IamJEEP; 07-28-2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added Pics

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    another one with a teaser post LOL congrats bro can't wait to see them tomorrow.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Yes, I have to program the comp to recognize the harness.
    I wish I would of known about this earlier. This is the way to go , instead of running the factory harness all the way to the front and programming the comp to recognize you have a hitch.

Cico, you should go that route that NeilSmith pointed out.
    That is what I did. Done, got the shirt, blew the fuse. Thanks Neil!! I have the 7 pin harness, but I spent the extra $54 to beat IamJeep installing the wiring harness.
    And it is a lot easier. Took 15 minutes and it was very easy. And it worked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    That is what I did. Done, got the shirt, blew the fuse. Thanks Neil!! I have the 7 pin harness, but I spent the extra $54 to beat IamJeep installing the wiring harness.
    And it is a lot easier. Took 15 minutes and it was very easy. And it worked!!!
    I would like to point out that I installed the harness first but, Don's actually works. Therefor, he did beat me to it. "Bow down" LOL!!

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Hey bro no posting for you get out and take pictures man

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I would like to point out that I installed the harness first but, Don's actually works. Therefor, he did beat me to it. "Bow down" LOL!!
    I think the question is who won. I don't know that I won because mine works, your was installed first. The bet was a steak and potato at Uhwarrie.
    So other than IamJeep, who thinks he won vs cico7?
    What, you don't remember the bet??? I do. Ok, I just made that up. Caleb I am game on the answer to this if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Hey bro no posting for you get out and take pictures man
    Since this is IamJeep's garage, I trust you are talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post

Since this is IamJeep's garage, I trust you are talking to him.
    Ya want to see the shoes!

Don, you are on! Make a poll thread about it and let the members decide. Does this mean we have to catch the steak as well?

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information