I'm not exactly sure if this is the right area to post this but here it goes...

So just as the title says, I'm looking for ideas for a winch for my diesel WK. I don't go wheeling much but in the summer, I want to explore more. Not many of my friends have capable vehicles so I can't have someone in another Jeep come along. I would like the peace of mind so I could go farther and not have to worry. I would love a hidden winch setup up and it fits my needs perfectly. Unfortunately due to the intercooler on these diesels, there isn't as much room to work there as on the gas WKs. I'd also rather not use a hitch/winch cradle set up. I want something permanent and strong and also don't want to have to haul that out of the Jeep if I get stuck. I'm also not looking to add a metal bumper at this time either due to the extra weight and price.

I saw one guy came up with this, but it looks large and in the way. Not a big fan of this idea, but it is an option.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So do any of you guys have any ideas? Ideally, I want a hidden winch but I just don't think it'll fit. I'm probably going to have my bumper off this weekend to install my S4XC shackle mount nutplates so if anyone comes with an idea, I could take some measurements.