Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I know you said you didn't want a cradle, but that is the ultimate in hidden! You can leave it at home until you decide you want to go explore.

And you can use it on the rear as well.
The reason I don't want to do a cradle is because it kills approach angles and I also don't want to get into a situation where it's difficult to hook it up in the front. There are a lot of benefits like being able to extract from the rear but I fear it will be too much of a hassle, partially due to the weight. I would also have to purchase a 4xGuard Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
Why not use a cradle with a front receiver and just bolt it in and leave it permanently. If it won't fit behind the bumper it will have to go above, below or infront of it. a front receiver with the the cradle bolted in is an easy way to get it in-front. If you replace your front crossmember with a receiver in the same location (not below), the winch will still be fairly high and out of the way.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...highlight=plow
For the reasons mentioned above and it also doesn't seem very finished leaving the winch in a cradle, permanently bolted there.

However, I asked Omelet on JF and he and another member (who has a CRD) chimed in saying they might have figured out a solution to fit it. I'm going to try and get in contact with the guy with the CRD and see what they came up with. Thanks for the suggestions guys!