Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If my XK had a crotch, I'd kick it !!!!!

Member Looking for Dirt

If my XK had a crotch, I'd kick it !!!!!

Well...this morning it went into limp mode and got the P0700 code. Just when Im able to start doing the lift and tires ,this happens. This whole day in class has been a waste, im investigating what the code means and what i can do to fix it on-line, when im supposed to be paying attention to lectures.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Its a general transmission fault.. Did a google search and it can range from low fluid level, a filter thats out of place or the notorious torque converter failing.. When was the last time transmission was serviced? Start with easy, cheap fix and go from there..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    P0700 is a generic PCM DTC that just informs you there is a DTC(s) in the TCM. Which, like Andrew said, could range from anything transmission related.

In other words P0700 is equivalent to seeing a check engine light for the engine, but not getting the specific code. You need to hook up a scanner to read the DTC in the TCM. Not sure if the key dance will work. Do you have the Superchips Flashpaq? I believe that can read TCM codes...
    Last edited by Matt; 02-20-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Member Looking for Dirt
    thanks 06. guess i need to go buy a scanner. i did the filters twice about 2 months ago. twice because the first time i left the o-ring on the pick up.

Member Looking for Dirt
    thanks matt. i want the flashpaq but with wife on maternity leave and me having clinicals 24/7, money is tight. prob just get a cheap one or have auto zone read the code.
    once again thanks guys for putting up with the newbie

I hear ya man. I'm not sure if a cheap DTC reader will work for TCM codes. I'd try to get the code read at an autozone before spending money on a reader. And save up for the flashpaq =)

Member Looking for Dirt
    P0841 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance
    Anyone have this code? Worst part is trans was fine but wanted to do preventative maintenance (filters). i probably caused this
    checked fluid and it was frothy on the stick
    Last edited by brand0n; 02-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Hey man.... it COULD be coincidental...

But here's the list of possible causes.

LOSS OF PRIME AND/OR TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY DTC PRESENT
    LOW FLUID LEVEL
    LOW LINE PRESSURE
    REVERSE CARRIER SNAP RING DISLODGED
    CRACKED OR MISINSTALLED PRIMARY OIL FILTER OR FILTER SEAL
    STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE IN PUMP VALVE BODY
    NO. 1 CHECK BALL CUT OR DAMAGED
    WIRING AND CONNECTORS
    (T50) LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT OPEN
    (T50) LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
    (T50) LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORT TO VOLTAGE
    TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
    POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE
    Since you did drop your pan twice, the 2nd time to fix the seal you messed up, I'd have to start there in thinking its related. Did you double gasket the filter that looks like an oil filter?

Did you hit any lines trying to screw with that PITA trans filter seal?

Hell.... like Andrew said in the first reply- did you properly refill your trans? check the fluid level again, when its hot, on a level surface, and in Park. (ignore the instructions on the dipstick).

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brand0n View Post
    Well...this morning it went into limp mode and got the P0700 code. Just when Im able to start doing the lift and tires ,this happens. This whole day in class has been a waste, im investigating what the code means and what i can do to fix it on-line, when im supposed to be paying attention to lectures.
    \

Kick it in the tail pipe, Man I bet that'd hurt.
    HG

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Do you have leaky transmission lines? EVERYBODY else does... The plague of EVERY Commander... but NO recall... yet...

That's MY next fix... once the Ramcharger is paid off and out of hock from Monro Muffler!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information