Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: p@55w0rd's XK Build

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    There's a sale on the XK Pintlers now if you wanted to run new wheels. They'll sit in a bit further than my wheels which will help you clear the rear HVAC lines. The JK Pintlers are equivalent to what i'm running if you wanted to go that route.

It's hard to find aftermarket wheels for these vehicles that allow the use of bigger tires. With an 8.5" wide wheel you don't want to go any more than 5.2" backspace, with 9" wide you'll need 5.7" backspace (thats what I have) to clear the pinch weld area when you turn the tire.

8.5" wide with 5.2" backspace is ideal IMO, but there's very few wheels out there built with those specs.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    You will not have any issues with wheel spacers that are installed correctly and torqued properly (both the spacer to the wheel bearing/hub assembly and wheel to spacer). Also don't go with a cheap brand just to save money.

When you say it failed what exactly do you mean? Did it happen while off road?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    You will not have any issues with wheel spacers that are installed correctly and torqued properly (both the spacer to the wheel bearing/hub assembly and wheel to spacer). Also don't go with a cheap brand just to save money.

When you say it failed what exactly do you mean? Did it happen while off road?
    Yes happened at the end of a difficult technical trail. The studs in the wheel hub actually pulled out! So technically you could say the hub failed... Overall it sucked and cut the day short for Cico7 and I because we helped out the guy by taking him (and his guest) to Autozone to get parts for a trail repair.
    Last edited by p@55w0rd; 02-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Pintlers would be awesome but I would tear them up the first time out. I have several sets of stock rims that I can trash and not feel guilty about.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    That's actually something I've read a lot on with the JK hubs like that with spacers.. Maybe over torqued the spacer? Either way I've been wheeling with spacer without a problem yet, just check their torque when rotating tires...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yeah it sounds like the spacer was over torqued on the wheel bearing/hub assembly. I had spidertrax wheel spacers installed for years with no issues and gave them hell
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    So I am having some second thoughts on the OME lift... Steel Armadillo has such a great price on the Superlift 4" kit it really has me thinking! I wonder if this price includes the ECM module? I received a quote of $600 for the install at 4 wheel parts. I could then run some 34's!
    Last edited by p@55w0rd; 02-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by p@55w0rd View Post
    Steel Armadillo has such a great price on the Superlift 4" kit it really has me thinking!
    How much??? It's not on the site. I've been waiting for a quote from Jon for a week now...

JON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Do it. If you have the chance.... just do it. Everyday I wish I went with the superlift

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by p@55w0rd View Post
    So I am having some second thoughts on the OME lift... Steel Armadillo has such a great price on the Superlift 4" kit it really has me thinking! I wonder if this price includes the ECM module? I received a quote of $600 for the install at 4 wheel parts. I could then run some 34's!
    I don't think it includes the EGR module..believe that'll cost you another $300.

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    How much??? It's not on the site. I've been waiting for a quote from Jon for a week now...

JON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's under Affiliate Marketing: http://thesteelarmadillo.com/AEV-4-S...SA-SUPK829.htm
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information