Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX 2.0 Reservoir Mounting

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

FOX 2.0 Reservoir Mounting

Wanted to get this figured out before my shocks come. Ideally i'd like to mount the reservoirs in the wheel well above the tire, but it looks like the tire will hit when flexing. Maybe if my wheels were 4.5" backspace i'd be OK, but then I couldn't turn my front tires so its a bit of a catch 22.... the 5.7" backspace lets me fit bigger tires, but eats up clearance in the wheel wells for resi mounts.

SO, it looks like I may be able to mount the resi lower down, right on the spring perch. Took some pictures of the area and put an electrical tape roll that measures 2" in that location and stuffed the tire using a floor jack. I get about 1/4" clearance, but thats without the suspension dynamically compressing.

With the tire stuffed

^^ It's hard to see in those two pictures because I couldn't get a good shot from underneath, but the sidewall curves back in and there's more clearance than it looks. And if I move the tape upwards, it touches both the fender wall and the tire sidewall so I cant move it up much.

I just ordered these 2.0 Reservoir mounts that are made for the front of Dodge 1500/2500/3500 pickups. I think these will be perfect if I bend the mounting tab in the opposite direction.

My plan is to put those on with a plastic rivet (so it'll break easy), then zip tie some 2" diameter PVC pipe there and take the XK for some offroad flexing so see if there's contact.

I'm also going to extend my bump stops another 1/2" today and install a 2nd set of 1/2" rear coil spacers... both needed regardless of the shocks, but figure they'll help with the clearance issues as well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Why not mount on the side of the shock itself?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I like the look when they're mounted remotely as opposed to piggyback. Plus the XK shocks are way too hidden, gotta get that bling factor

It'll also make it easier to access the CD adjuster.

Had the idea to use my mag-lite case to get an idea of what it'll look like. It's about the same length as the FOX Resi but only 1.3" diameter, so the FOX resi will stick up another 3/4"-1" higher. I think it'll come out pretty good

Got my resi mounts in today. These are much thicker than I expected them to be and I wont be bending that tab! I'll probably mount them facing up like a cradle and put a small bolt or two through the upper spring mount as a temp until I weld them in place.

I have an 11" piece of 1.5 PVC (has a 2" OD). So hopefully this Sunday I'll get a chance to put that on with a zip tie, flex the jeep and see if there's clearance.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Matt, did you ever get these shocks and get them mounted? I HAVE to get rid of my monoroe load levelver crap and I was looking at some Fox shocks..if you have them on, how do you like them?
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

My shocks didn't come in yet.

I did get my resi mounts and need to test them out yet. Hopefully this Sunday.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Criket I have the non resis and love them.. I got to flex them out but didn't get any shots of it, they are definitely a improvement over the OME rears. The on-road performance is a tad less forgiving over bumps but handling is stiffer which is what I prefer..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

But they can be tuned to your exact liking. Not only can you change compression and rebound valving, you can adjust the charge pressure as well. I believe trialbyfire is running 150psi.

So unlike other shocks where you have to hope they provide the ride you want, you can completely change the ride characteristics of the FOXs to suit your preferences.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information