Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX 2.0 Reservoir Mounting

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I like how JBA has them set up, cant wait to see what they are like on the trails, need to get my brake lines done this weekend..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    But they can be tuned to your exact liking. Not only can you change compression and rebound valving, you can adjust the charge pressure as well. I believe trialbyfire is running 150psi.

So unlike other shocks where you have to hope they provide the ride you want, you can completely change the ride characteristics of the FOXs to suit your preferences.
    This is exactly why i was looking at the Fox shocks, for the tuning capability.

06, you were the other one that got some Fox shocks. I couldn't remember who it was earlier, lol. You get them from JBA?
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Yea they're on their site, I personally like the set up right now..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Got an update from FOX today. They should be finished up this week. So i'll probably have them the following weekend.

This Friday, while im doing my brakes, i'll probably mount the reservoir brackets to see if I can put the resi's where I want. That way when the shocks get here its just a 20 minute install.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    They are going to look awesome man! Cant wait for pics

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

So its going to be CLOSE.... I wish I had 1/4" less backspace on my wheels. The drivers side tire just kissed my "dummy" resi today.

I think im going to add 1/2" or 1" to my bump stops and hopefully that takes care of it.

These are just the test pics. Used wingnuts for a quick r&r

Plenty of clearance then the tire was just stuffed with the floor jack:

But then when I went out and flexed it out on a cut stump... no more clearance. Though i was able to rotate the tire so it was just kissing it.

Ok got the rest of my supplies today. New shock bolts with cut threads as opposed to rolled threads so the shoulder is the correct size for the sleeves. And the ORW bushing mounts for the FOX shocks.

Anyone around NJ want a set of 18" wheels, let me know. I'm a tid bit nervous about the resi clearance.. found some cheap 18x8.5s with 5.1" backspace i could run; that'd give me another 1/2" there.

Bummer. Just spent the morning finishing up the mounts and theres not enough clearance on the passenger side. Looks like they'll have to be piggyback.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information