Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordered my SuperLift 4" kit for my Commander

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    You don't need the EGR module right away. Tell them to install the kit and you will add the module later . Just have to turn ESP OFF before driving til you get the module installed. My buddy is running the 4 inch bds lift and doesn't even have the module on any more and doesn't have any problems. He had to take it off because we swapped in 3.73 gears and needed a hypertech speedometer calibrator to correct for the new gear ratio and you can't use both the programmer and AEV module at the same time
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    You don't need the EGR module right away. Tell them to install the kit and you will add the module later .

^^ That worked out great for me also, I ordered the EGR separately and installed it a month or two later. ^^

...... He had to take it off because we swapped in 3.73 gears and needed a hypertech speedometer calibrator to correct for the new gear ratio and you can't use both the programmer and AEV module at the same time
    I picked up my Superchip Flashpaq #3875 in Sept 2010 and had to wait another month or so for Superchips to release the programming for my Commander. I use it for Speedo calibration, shift points and a few other misc. items. I did not do anything except tell the computer what axle I had when I first programmed it. So far.... I have not had any trouble ( that I know of.. LOL ) by using both of these particular computers at the same time ...
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4"¯ Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Nice, that's good to know. It didnt work with the EGR module and hypertech speedometer calibrator together. Unless we did something wrong. Do you have the tire size corrected with the Flashpaq or EGR module?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    You don't need the EGR module right away. Tell them to install the kit and you will add the module later . Just have to turn ESP OFF before driving til you get the module installed. My buddy is running the 4 inch bds lift and doesn't even have the module on any more and doesn't have any problems. He had to take it off because we swapped in 3.73 gears and needed a hypertech speedometer calibrator to correct for the new gear ratio and you can't use both the programmer and AEV module at the same time
    Yeah, that is what I discussed with the guys at 4Wheelparts.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Do you have the tire size corrected with the Flashpaq or EGR module?

I set the EGR first and then when I installed the Flashpaq I set it to the same tire size. I'm thinking that the Flashpaq has taken the lead, so to speak, because one day when I took the jeep to the dealer , I reset it back to factory settings (I had heard you should return the program to factory in case they also update it). My speedometer was now off and I had to program everything again.. Thats when I also learned that there is not a save feature, that would allow me to just go back to my custom program. Had to start from scratch. The last time I wrote down my setting before changing anything.. I'm getting smarter every day.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4"¯ Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Member Looking for Dirt
    Is anyone running 305/65/17s with 4" of lift?

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xjhawk1964 View Post
    Is anyone running 305/65/17s with 4" of lift?
    I run 285/70/r17 with the superlift but you can run 305/50/r17 with proper backspacing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Im a little lost with that one?

305/65/17 = 32.6 x 12.00
    285/70/17 = 32.7 x 11.22
    305/50/17 = 29.0 x 12.00

Seems to me that 305/65/17 would work great with the right width&backspace. ..

If I had superlift I'd run 305/70R17 MT/Rs!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    That's what im doing for my next set! After the ones i have are dead!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information