Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM Adjustable Front and Rear Sway bar end links

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

OEM Adjustable Front and Rear Sway bar end links

I gave my buddy Bob an idea to lengthen his oem sway bar end links to make up for the OME HD lift and this is what he came up with. Not only did he lengthen the end links, but he made them totally adjustable. He cut the oem links in half, welded one end of the link to the sleeve and the other end of the link is threaded into the sleeve. Im going to pickup a set of new oem front links in the next few weeks so he can hook me up with a set. I already have the JKS rear quick disconnects so i wont need the rears. Let me know what you guys think.

...and the final product. Just needs paint.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks awesome man. I was enjoying the texts while sitting in a boring meeting.

Haha nice. They are getting installed tomorrow night when he gets out of work.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Bob installed the rear links last night. At the shortest length, they are 2 inches longer than the oem rear links and can be adjusted a few inches longer. So they would work with a 4 inch lift also. The fronts are going on tonight when he gets out of work.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 02-28-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Looks awesome to me. How much would he want for front and rear?

Doesn't JBA sell adjustable quick release links for the front?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post

Yea they sell discos for the front aswell, I would be interested in getting a set front and rear if ya'll want to sell some.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post

Yes JBA does, but I'm sure they cost double what it cost my buddy to build these.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    Yea they sell discos for the front aswell, I would be interested in getting a set front and rear if ya'll want to sell some.

I'd have to see if he would be interested in making them to sell

I just talked to Bob and he said it wouldnt be worth making these to sell. I wasnt aware of this, but he said about 5 hours of machining went in to making the set of links. I guess they used special sleeving that was really expensive and by the time all is said and done he would have to sell them for an arm and leg to make any kind of profit. Espically because you have to start out with a new oem link. However, if anyone is interested, fixed length extended oem links would be a lot easier to make and wouldnt cost much to do so. They obviously just wouldnt be adjustable but they could be built specifically for those running spacer lifts or the OME setup.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I'm not surprised. He likely needs a custom jig or double ended adjustable vise to hold everything together straight (I assume its straight). Setup time, time making a nice weld, grinding any lumps or other unpleasantries....... I tend to weld holes, so most of my time is spent filling them back in........ or making them bigger. Need anything welded?

Yeah they are perfectly straight. Turned out really nice. The welds are amazing. Sorry I couldn't hook you guys up. I'm hoping he can get me a set for the front.

Also found out the sleeve they used was solid. Both ends had to be drilled out and the one end was then threaded. I thought the sleeve was already hollow. We did get the fronts installed tonight.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 02-28-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information