Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Nice build!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    very nicely done Ole Blue
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    I need to start keeping track of my garage thread.. haha. Anyway, here are some goodies that arrived! I also got new brakes and pads, but only have a pic of them installed. They are EBC dimpled and Slotted rotors with Hawk Ceramic Pads.

06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

I know everyone advises against it.. but i have decided to double stack my RC 2" lift on top of the OME HD 2" lift. I bought the shocks and rear coils thinking I was just going to run them and Matt's rear spacer, but in the middle of the install I ultimately decided in double stacking. I bought a set of used front OME springs from a member and just waiting on the arrival of the OME struts. These pics are current pics of my jeep with my new rims and TEMPORARY 275/60r20 Goodyears. Also it is double stacked in the rear with just the RC lift and a 3/8" spacer in the front!

06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You sure that rotor's on the correct side?

Edit: you should leave it like that... or do the OME + spacer in front (like im running). The stance will be about the same and work out OK. Those tires look small for a 33 though... are they bald?
    Last edited by Matt; 04-14-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You sure that rotor's on the correct side?

Edit: you should leave it like that... or do the OME + spacer in front (like im running). The stance will be about the same and work out OK. Those tires look small for a 33 though... are they bald?

The boxes were labeled front left, rear right etc. so I am hoping they are on the right side! This is the passenger side front. I am going to double stack though and run JBA's new UCA's and if it doesnt work ill do what your running. But the tires have about 35% tread left on them. They are bigger than the 285/70/17 nittos that I had.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I dont think those tires look small but if I recall correctly Kyle said they were used. I think his jeep sits a good inch or do higher than mine now
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    I'm a bit confused on your current setup...did you say you just installed the OME rear coils and kept your RC lift in there also for now? If so, it looks like you might have put the coils on the wrong side. One side is slightly longer to compensate for the gas tank. Looks good otherwise! I would also advise against stacking your RC lift and OME coils in the front. I would just do the OME coils with 1/2 inch spacer in the front.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    His xk is 2wd and I believe he plans on HD UCA's. Also it looks like his driveway isn't level. It looks like it slopes towards the drivers side
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    I'm a bit confused on your current setup...did you say you just installed the OME rear coils and kept your RC lift in there also for now? If so, it looks like you might have put the coils on the wrong side. One side is slightly longer to compensate for the gas tank. Looks good otherwise! I would also advise against stacking your RC lift and OME coils in the front. I would just do the OME coils with 1/2 inch spacer in the front.

Yes I am currently running the OME coils AND RC lift int he rear. I didnt know there was a difference in the coils? I thought they were the same. And I know double stacking is ill advised but I am going to run it anyway with JBA UCA's as I'm 2wd and I will hopefully be ordering the superlift by the end of the summer (if I can find one!) Ive talked to a couple guys that double stacked and xkcowboy did it for 2 years untill something went wrong. I will only be running it for a few months til I end up doing it right.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information