Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OleBlue27's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    His xk is 2wd and I believe he plans on HD UCA's. Also it looks like his driveway isn't level. It looks like it slopes towards the drivers side

Yes your right, my driveway is far from level lol.
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I have a few drinks in me so my memory may be screwy right now... but I recall the slots being oriented in the other direction. some install instructions got screwy due to the "drivers side" vs "passenger side" between US and EURO vehicles.

Basically... im too many drinks in to figure it out 100% right now, but not far enough gone to remember that those might be backwards. And yeah, i know where the front of your vehicle is based on the tie-rod

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have a few drinks in me so my memory may be screwy right now... but I recall the slots being oriented in the other direction. some install instructions got screwy due to the "drivers side" vs "passenger side" between US and EURO vehicles.

Basically... im too many drinks in to figure it out 100% right now, but not far enough gone to remember that those might be backwards. And yeah, i know where the front of your vehicle is based on the tie-rod
    Lol, I hear ya! Im about to go out and check which way the Internal Cooling Vanes are pointing. From what I've read the actual face of the rotor does not dictate whether its a left or right rotor.
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleblue27 View Post
    Lol, I hear ya! Im about to go out and check which way the Internal Cooling Vanes are pointing. From what I've read the actual face of the rotor does not dictate whether its a left or right rotor.
    Good call! The internal vanes are a good double-check.

Well I cant see the vanes cause my rim is in the way haha. Oh well, I'm off work tomorrow so I will check to make sure they are right!

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleblue27 View Post
    Yes I am currently running the OME coils AND RC lift int he rear. I didnt know there was a difference in the coils? I thought they were the same. And I know double stacking is ill advised but I am going to run it anyway with JBA UCA's as I'm 2wd and I will hopefully be ordering the superlift by the end of the summer (if I can find one!) Ive talked to a couple guys that double stacked and xkcowboy did it for 2 years untill something went wrong. I will only be running it for a few months til I end up doing it right.
    Oh I see. Yes there is a difference in the rear coils only. I think it should be labelled A and B. So are you going to stack the front RC spacer and OME coil too?
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    Oh I see. Yes there is a difference in the rear coils only. I think it should be labelled A and B. So are you going to stack the front RC spacer and OME coil too?
    Hmm, I'll check on that tomorrow. But yes, I am going to double stack the front as well, I'm just waiting on my struts to arrive. I wont be installing until I get JBA Uca's though so I'll only have to get it aligned once. I either going to run 275/65/20 or 285/65/20. Depending on which one fits best haha.

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    I hope your rack last until you get a Superlift! Are you planning on wheeling it? Your front is gonna be pretty much maxed out. You should check out Omelet's build on JF. He ran a modified OME for awhile, also. As far as tires go, I'd just make sure it's something you'll wanna run when you get your Superlift so you don't have to buy a new set of tires then! Oh and you might want to consider getting a Firestone lifetime alignment. It's like $180~ and you can get as many alignments as you want at any Firestone for as long as you own the vehicle. Pretty good value if you ask me!
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    I hope your rack last until you get a Superlift! Are you planning on wheeling it? Your front is gonna be pretty much maxed out. You should check out Omelet's build on JF. He ran a modified OME for awhile, also. As far as tires go, I'd just make sure it's something you'll wanna run when you get your Superlift so you don't have to buy a new set of tires then! Oh and you might want to consider getting a Firestone lifetime alignment. It's like $180~ and you can get as many alignments as you want at any Firestone for as long as you own the vehicle. Pretty good value if you ask me!

It might sound weird but I dont wheel my Jeep! I'm 19 and she is my daily driver. I have a fourwheeler for offroading lol. I'm real easy on her and dont drive like most teens. And like I said before I'm 2WD so I wont have to deal with some of the problems 4WD deal with. When I get my superlift Im going to run OME springs in the front with 6" coils in the rear so I will be going with bigger tires! It's very easy around where I live to sell used tires for good prices so I'm not worried about that. But I think I will do that lifetime alignment lol, thats a helluva deal!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking good
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information