Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Discussion - Front solid axle conversion

Member Looking for Dirt

Lightbulb Open Discussion - Front solid axle conversion

OK this is some time out for me but I would like to start planning and maybe along the way someone else may do it and share the pain. I know they offer kits for the Kj (Liberty) so there must be some resources out there. What would be needed? What type of setup would be best (4 link?) What would be the best donor axle? What about brakes? What about swapping the rear also to get a matched pair? Custom drive shafts? custom computer programming? I know Tymac (who no longer owns an XK) was seriously considering this. Any input, thoughts, or laughter?

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    With the qt2 is possible, here in venezuela a guy used a wj dana 30 driveshaft but he didnt explained to much about the mod and how it was made but he said that the only issue with the computer was the abs light glowing in the dash but he solved it using wj abs sensors in the front.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for the input! A WJ axle (D30) can handle up to 33" with some minor mods. I suppose you could upgrade to a "super" 30 but maybe a D44 would be a better starting point?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I would go with a JK Dana 44 if your going to invest the money into a solid axle. That way you can still keep the 5 on 5 bolt pattern, you can run 35's or larger without an issue and most likely not have an issue with the abs wheel speed sensors
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    ^ he is right on the JK 44. If you build a JK 44 right, it can be stronger than a standard Dana 60 and not really costs much more. Go look at some of the mud trucks. Some of those guys use a built Dana 44 instead of goign 60's or Rockwells. They seem to do fine but it all comes down to how you wheel, not what you wheel.

If I ever do an SAS, I'd like to get the aftermarket JK 44 (I think from Currie or Dynatrac, I can't remember)
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Here are a couple of KJ SFA swaps:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=73&t=64692

This one will be insane once done: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=73&t=74050

And here is a listing of all SFA Liberty builds: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=73&t=39256

Member Looking for Dirt
    The second link above for the KK is awesome! I will be watching that build with great interest...

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    I know this guy personally - http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...ic.php?t=32570

Great rig, but now that he sold it its being beat to the ground. Shame.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Question: Say you do SAS with a D44, done up right and run 35s, what gears would you put in and how would you regear the rear axle?!? Also assuming someone as myself has QDII which would render itself useless, how would you get the computer to act right when wheeling?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Id put a D44 in the rear as well.

Us QDII guys would be in trouble. A 2010 hemi QTII would be ideal..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information