Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Discussion - Front solid axle conversion

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    I just came across this.. This may change a few things if these are legit! http://4xguard.com/commander-2006-20...al-gears.html#
    Just an FYI I called and talked at length with these guys and the gears are not going to happen in the near future. It appears that the cost to get a small run of these gears made would put the price in the $1500-2000 range. A bit outside of what mere mortals would be willing to pay.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Can't wait to get my front diff wired up. This beast won't need a solid axle.
    Yes! Please let us know how this works out. Cool project.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm just trying to locate the harness that plugs into the differential. If I can't get my hands on one ill just make my own.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I'm just trying to locate the harness that plugs into the differential. If I can't get my hands on one ill just make my own.
    I had to order one before. I will see if I can dig up the part number for you.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Member Looking for Dirt
    P/N 56050223AD this is the "jumper" harness that plugs into the top of the front differential. Mopar refers to it as a wiring cradle. My connector broke on mine that's why I had to order a new one.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Well i'll be damned... I was looking for that part in the manual forever yesterday!

FYI, the 2007 parts manual lists it as P/N 56048637AA

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It actually expects to see different wheel speeds. It's why the EGR is needed with the SL (the knuckles change the steering angle) and why putting a WK rack in an XK causes the ESP to activate when turning.
    If the tie rod end is moved up 4 inches on the SL knuckles in relation to the wheel hub, why would the steering angle be changed? Is the steering rack relocated, too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by Gulf550 View Post
    P/N 56050223AD this is the "jumper" harness that plugs into the top of the front differential. Mopar refers to it as a wiring cradle. My connector broke on mine that's why I had to order a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Well i'll be damned... I was looking for that part in the manual forever yesterday!

FYI, the 2007 parts manual lists it as P/N 56048637AA
    Nice! I'll order it tomorrow. Thanks guys
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    If the tie rod end is moved up 4 inches on the SL knuckles in relation to the wheel hub, why would the steering angle be changed? Is the steering rack relocated, too?
    I'll be able to figure it out better when I have the knuckle in front of me. I expect that the length of the arm on the knuckle changes a bit... maybe the superlift knuckle has a 1/4" shorter tie rod arm to help clear wheels, which then increases how much the tires turn for a given wheel angle.

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    The steering rack stays in the stock location. The tie rod end moves up with the new steering knuckle like you mentioned.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information