Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QD II conversion up front

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

QD II conversion up front

I just ordered a QD II front axle out of an 07 WK Hemi which ill be installing in my XK. Since my Jeep is QT II I'll basically be swapping in the QD II front differential and wiring it up so I can manually engage the front differential to serve as a locker. Once it arrives, I'll install a new solenoid, replace the axle seals and any bushings if need be. Then after install it will get topped of with Mobile 1 gear oil and LS additive. Matt confirmed that my front drive shaft will bolt right up to the QD II differential. I'm going to order two new cv axles as the drivers side is shorter with the ELSD axle and my passenger side cv boot is torn. I'm hoping to get it installed by this weekend and the will mess with the wiring from there
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Thats awesome man!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    If you don't mind me asking, what does a QDII diff run for these days?
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

I paid $749.00 for it. Andrew found it for me.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I just ordered a QD II front axle out of an 07 WK Hemi which ill be installing in my XK. Since my Jeep is QT II I'll basically be swapping in the QD II front differential and wiring it up so I can manually engage the front differential to serve as a locker. Once it arrives, I'll install a new solenoid, replace the axle seals and any bushings if need be. Then after install it will get topped of with Mobile 1 gear oil and LS additive. Matt confirmed that my front drive shaft will bolt right up to the QD II differential. I'm going to order two new cv axles as the drivers side is shorter with the ELSD axle and my passenger side cv boot is torn. I'm hoping to get it installed by this weekend and the will mess with the wiring from there
    Please take tons of pics when the diff is out! I would love to see what space is available there for a SFA conversion...

Oh and awesome score!

Will do. I think I have some pics somewhere from the steering rack install with the front diff and rack removed

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    It seems the axle doesn't come with axles..... is it just the QDII front differential that you ordered?

The front differential didnt come with cv axles. I will be buying new cv axles though. The drivers side is shorter on the ELSD so I definitely need that one. But my passenger side cv boot is ripped so ill just buy both.

It just arrived about 20 min ago!!!

The two bushings aren't that bad but I'm going to replace them anyways.

I ended up getting everything I needed tonight and installed the front QD II differential. Start to finish it took 2 1/2 hours to install it. Brand new drivers and passenger side cv axles, new solenoid (actuator) in the differential, and new seals. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Oh and I changed my oil in that 2 1/2 hours also

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information