Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: QD II conversion up front

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Oh if the internal harness is what he was referring to, good point!

Yes, yes, yes...!!!!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I swear I already asked this, but I can't find it anywhere........... so here goes again:

Where and how did you go about finding the QDII Diff?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Andrew found it for me on eBay and it happened to be only a 3 hours away. It came out of a wrecked 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Hemi.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    im looking forward to seeing pics of you running over a BMW!!!
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Andrew found it for me on eBay and it happened to be only a 3 hours away. It came out of a wrecked 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Hemi.
    I was hoping for a repeatable process..... but I guess its worth a look now and then. Definitely well worth the money as there is no other way to lock the front that i am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    im looking forward to seeing pics of you running over a BMW!!!

Well I got sone bad news. Work was slow today so we pushed the BMW in the shop and my brother pulled the transmission and cats($$$). Afterwords I ran for a part we needed for a customers car and when I got back it was gone! They had it towed to the scrap yard. I thought for sure it would sit in the parking lot for a few days and we already had the go ahead to park my jeep on the hood. :0(

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    I was hoping for a repeatable process..... but I guess its worth a look now and then. Definitely well worth the money as there is no other way to lock the front that i am aware of.
    Totally worth the money. Once I wire it all up ill be able to flip a switch and have the front end fully locked. My rear end has a locker installed already. Now all I need is some rubicon hood decals lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Oh if the internal harness is what he was referring to, good point!

For fuse size I need to know what resistance you measure across the solenoid. I can probably find it in the manual tonight too....

30 amp is going to be way too much. Probably more than 10. Will find out for sure though.

So Adam, not to badger over this point, but did you replace the wire harness that goes through the diff case to the solenoid?
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Nope. Not to worried about it. I'll order it once I get the wiring done and keep it as a spare if i ever need it. Later on if it gives me issues ill swap it in. Will only take about a half hour to do and I always keep gear oil and rtv in the back of the jeep.

Got both harnesses in today!!! Just need to wire it up now

Front diff is getting wired up tonight. I'll be locked front and rear!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information