Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: QD II conversion up front

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I gotta play it by ear... babys due in 2 months and my weekends are packed through April.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah you will have your hands full. I am not sure if its in a previous thread but boy or girl? Picked out names yet? Exciting stuff man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Yeah you will have your hands full. I am not sure if its in a previous thread but boy or girl? Picked out names yet? Exciting stuff man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Another girl. Her name's Faith. So we'll have James (3.5), Grace (2) and Faith (.01) in about 2 months.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    This is how I ran the wires from the ABS Pump fuse. I used a test light to see which wire from the fize box had constant power and which wire didnt have power. Once I ran the wires into the jeep, I used the original 30amp pink fuse from the fuse box and had the wire with power come in one side of the fuse and then out the other side and then to the switch. This way if there is any issues it would blow the fuse first just like it would in the fuze box.

This picture shows the power supply/ground wiring coming from the front diff (left side of pic), the gound wire splitting off and bolted on the inside of the fender by the battery (bottom of pic) and also the wiring where the power supply wire for the front locker and ABS pump wires from the fuze box come together (right side of pic) All the wiring has wire loom around it for protection and the wire loom was taped all the way from the plug on the front diff all the way up to the fuze box and then into the jeep with electrical tape.

This picture shows where the wire harness for the front locker power source and the abs pump wires to disable the traction control lead into the jeep.

Here are the pictures showing where I mounted the ABS pump fuse switch (the switch used to completly disable the traction control) and the front locker switch. It was hard finding somewhere that I could mount them and still have enough room to wire up the switches from the back side. The left switch is for the ABS Pump fuze (traction control) which is switched on. I will only flip it off when off roading. I didnt wire it up so the red light would turn on because it would be very annoying having it on all of the time. The switch on the right is for the front locker. Its currently in the off position. Once turned on the red light will be on showing the front locker is actuated.

Here is a picture from eye level showing that the switches are kind of hidden and out of sight. They are in a good spot so I'll never have to worry about accidently flipping the switch.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-08-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice setup
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Great Job !!! Excellent.. !!

Thanks. I'm going to Wrangler Ave this weekend to really hit the trails for the first time since the front locker install. I'm going with the Western New York 4x4 group so I'm sure the Commander will impress a lot of people.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I think im going to try making a circuit to turn off my front locker when in 4low. Id like to use 4low on some of the rocky trails at Rausch but dont like the front end binding. So if I can disable it by using a resistor to trick the computer to think its still there I wouldn't get any dtc's

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    This is a great mod for any serious offroader. Do you have any pics or diagrams of the elsd wiring harness and which leads were used for power and ground?

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    This is a great mod for any serious offroader. Do you have any pics or diagrams of the elsd wiring harness and which leads were used for power and ground?
    The green wire with yellow strip is power supply to the front diff (12v power source) and the green wire with blue strip is ground
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-09-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information