Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Booster Drive-By-Wire Throttle Delay Eliminator for Jeep ?

Member Looking for Dirt

Sprint Booster Drive-By-Wire Throttle Delay Eliminator for Jeep ?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Sprint-Booster...ductId=2112108

I have always disliked the delay in the pedal on my 2008. I have compared it to a 2006 and there is a very different feel. Has anyone tried this?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I dont think ive heard of anyone using that. Seems kind of expensive at $300 when you can get a programmer and have more features.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Yes it is expensive... But I noticed the throttle delay from day 1. I even had a chance to drive 2 other XK pre throttle by wire and there is a significant difference, especially when you goose the throttle on a obstacle. Superchips does not correct for this to my knowledge.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I thought the superchips did reduce throttle delay... its been a while so id have to look back into it.

But the sprint booster says it cant be used with aftermarket programmers. So to use it you'd have to give up your other programming capabilities.

I wouldn't advise "stacking" electronic throttle control devices; thats a serious safety issue.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    The DiabloInTune eliminates throttle delay and has many adjustable parameters which I strongly suggest getting for similar money..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I personally would never spend $300 in this. Get a nice tuner and ported tb and you will get way better throttle response and be able to tune at the same time
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I have the inTune as well. It allows you to boost the throttle response. I run it at +18% if memory serves. Much more than that and you won't be able to get a gentle response.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    What happened to the fellow that was offering to hand port TBs for what I thought was a good deal. I can't remember if was here or the jeepcommander board, but he was waiting for a shipment of 4 tbs to get started.........and the......... I don't know what happened.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    The DiabloInTune eliminates throttle delay and has many adjustable parameters which I strongly suggest getting for similar money..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Can you do a transmission tune with the Diablo?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Yes, check sig.. There are a lot of parameters that can be adjusted, keep in mind you will be changing how it drives.. With the throttle boast and transmission tune its not civilized as a stock XK, it will shift harder, quicker and throttle will be touchy based on how much you adjust it.. There are times I chirp 2nd gear on dry pavement, havent tried with the MTRs but with the BFGs I could make them bark pretty good
    Last edited by 06JeepXKHEMI; 03-12-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information