Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FLYCAV's Garage

FLYCAV's Garage

Since I now have the mod bug, I thought I'd start my garage thread to document some of it.

As a little background, I currently have a 2006 XK 3.7L that I bought new. I just paid it off in Sept of 2012. I pretty much left it stock up until then because I didn't really have the extra time or cash for mods and wheeling with two small kids and a new house. Now that the kiddies are older (8 and 10) and I need something to keep me busy and out of my wifes hair, I've started working a little more out in the garage.

Here is a pic of my XK up on jacks during instalation of:
    K&N CAI, Rough Country 2" spacer lift, new rotors, pads and painted calipers, pich weld mod, 1.5" wheel spacers and Falken 265/70/17's.

Grinding slots for pinch weld mod

Replaced all of the dash lights - this pic is showing that I also put one behind the "Information Center" section which is not normally lit.

My helper (whenever I can pry him away from his Xbox and iPod

Here are a couple more after the lift and new tires.

A lame flex in the snow at winter camp.

Yesterday at work was like Christmas morning. The UPS Santa and the FedEx Santa brought me all kinds of goodies.
    Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler (F150) shocks
    OME replacement struts, strut mounts
    Moog control arm bushings
    Moog ball joints

Last night I installed the Monroe shocks

Off with the old...

...and on with the new.

Prior to installation the wheel well measured 36.5" from the ground at the hub. After install it measured 37.25" for a net gain of 3/4" lift.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Coming along great man.

Started tearing apart the front end tonight. Here's all the goodies going on.

Work came to a halt when I got to the damn lower strut mounting bolt. The same one I couldn't get off when I put on my lift. It''s been soaking in PB Blaster for almost a week and it still wouldn't come out out. The rubber bushing inside is almost shot and rotates as the bolt turns.

I realized after an hour that I was using the wrong tool. So, for all of you out there that hav had trouble removing that bolt, here is the correct tool for removing it.

Had to stop for the night with the strut, knuckle and lower control arm removed from the drivers side. Won't get a chance until Saturday to get back on it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    LOL sawzall FTW!!!!

Rig is looking great man! Looking forward to following this build.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm sure you already plan on doing this but if that bushing is shot I'd recommend replacing it while your at it. Then never seize the hell out of the new strut fork bolt and you will never have that issue again
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I'm sure you already plan on doing this but if that bushing is shot I'd recommend replacing it while your at it. Then never seize the hell out of the new strut fork bolt and you will never have that issue again
    I'm replacing all 3 bushings on the LCA and anti sieze will be my friend.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Yep typical north east salt and grime! I have the exact same sawzall...

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    How's the ABS line? The one right under the SawZaw blade?

...I air chiseled the ABS sensor on my Bronco years ago...... so I know what can happen even when your aware and trying to avoid.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information