Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOLD: 07 QT II Front Differential 3.73 gear ratio

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

SOLD: 07 QT II Front Differential 3.73 gear ratio

I just swapped a QD II Electronic limited slip front diff into my Jeep on Tuesday and am looking to sell my old QT II front diff. I took the cover off and everything inside looks great. I reinstalled the diff cover with new RTV so its ready to be bolted in. This front diff is exactly what you V6 guys need to do a gear swap to 3.73's on your Jeep. Just pull out your diff and bolt this one right in. Looking to get $350 + shipping obo.

Also the two diff bushings were installed last winter so you don't need to worry about having to replace them.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-14-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I'm very interested in buying this front diff, but I do have a few questions first.

1.) Would this diff still be a suitable replacement even though I have a 2008 commander?

2.) Where would I get a set of the Motive 3.73's for the rear?

3.) What would be a fair price for install?

4.) I saw your post on the other site in which you mentioned some were unable to do the swap due to programming. What programmer is needed to successfully do the swap?

Thanks, Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 03-17-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    I'm very interested in buying this front diff, but I do have a few questions first.

1.) Would this diff still be a suitable replacement even though I have a 2008 commander?

2.) Where would I get a set of the Motive 3.73's for the rear?

3.) What would be a fair price for install?

4.) I saw your post on the other site in which you mentioned some were unable to do the swap due to programming. What programmer is needed to successfully do the swap?

Thanks, Ross
    Yes this will work with a 2008. If you had an 05-06 WK or 06 XK you would need a different front driveshaft. As far as the rear chrysler 8.25 Motive gear ring and pinion you can get them online. I'll do some research and find a good priced set for you. For programming you need a hypertech speedometer calibrator to program the computer for the gear swap. This is the only programmer that will work. As far as price for install I'm not sure as I do installs like that myself.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-17-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Why does this thread show its closed???

Edit: I went in and reopened it. Not sure who closed it

I was wondering that too lol, thanks for re-opening it. I am going to call a few off-road shops tomorrow to get a price range for install and then I'll let you know if I'll buy your front diff. After ya'll did this gear swap on your buddy's 3.7L WK, were there any noticeable changes in mpg? I commute to downtown Houston everyday, so an increase in mpg could possibly make these gears pay for themselves.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

He's running 33x12.5R18 Toyo Open Country MT's on 18x9 wheels with a 4 inch BDS lift so his jeep was a dog. The gear swap really brought it back to life and he has no problem pushing those big meats now. He gained about 2-3 mpg since his motor didnt have to work so hard to push the tires.

For the front all you would have to do is pull your old front diff and install mine. You use your stock drive shaft, cv's and everything else. As for the rear its very easy to install the new ring and pinion on the Chrysler 8.25. Our rear axles don't use normal shims like other axles do so it makes it easier to set up. Then just tune your XK with the hypertech and your good to go
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.

I forgot to ask, how many miles are there on the differential?

My jeep just hit 129K. I bought it brand new in 2007 and the front diff was serviced every 15,000 miles with Mobil 1 gear oil. Everything looked great behind the cover when I pulled it off.

I've been on the forums since 07 and never heard of anyone having problems with this front diff. Just the guys with QD II and it was an issue with either the solenoid that actuated the ELSD or the harness that plugs into the solenoid. That's why I replaced the solenoid on my new diff.

If mileage is an issue ill install new carrier and pinion bearings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information