Trying to finish up a few last minute small things before for my first upcoming Jeep Jamboree.

So I wanted to try and trim my gas tank shield. Did I remember to do it when I swapped my springs and installed Matts spacer.. No should I have .. Yes !!

I didnt have the time to disconnect everything I had to when I swapped the springs, ( the long bump stops and 6 lift springs make it more challenging for me) and everything I do takes 3-4 times longer than most people.

Oh and Im another one that is on the floor on my garage ( ok it does have old carpet on it ) using only a floor jack and two jack stands ! Lol

So I have a number of cutting tools.. and lets see.. cutting torch Mmm.. Ok lets rule that one out..

Now how can I get this cutting wheel in there? I started on the right side and made my first vertical cut.

The next, drivers side vertical cut was tight but doable.

Now how can I get in a place to make the horizontal cut ?? No matter how hard I tried I could not get the cut-off tool in place to make the cut no matter which way I routed it. It was really the hose that was the limiting factor.

I got lucky.. I remembered that I really like the swivel I use on my ratchet. So, I swapped it to the cut-off tool and Magic, it worked !!

After I made the horizontal cut I went back and slightly angled the top edges outward.

Then a couple big blasts of black rust-oleum and Im done !

I think my cut is hi enough for the upper arm to still hit the shield first, but I will keep an eye on it to make sure.