Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Stop Brake Kits?

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I have the drilled rotors in the front on my wk. I've been offroad with them several times but have not had an issue with debris getting in the holes on the rotors. But i stay outta the mud at all costs.

The only issue I've had is a rock getting caught between the rotor and the backing plate and it squels to high heavens. But it did that with my stock rotors too.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Coming from the street scene, 240sx's and M3's, most of the time slotted is the choice and they stay away from both cause as Matt said most of the time its just marketing and appearance people go for them.. Most applications slotted give the best performance. I never considered what would happen when wheeling but I always clean the s**t out of the suspension and around the wheels anyway, Im actually looking into the Stillen front/rear set-up as they've gotten great reviews and have option for zinc coating to stop rusting..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleblue27 View Post
    Did you have brake dust while the pads and rotors were getting worn in?
    after close to a year on them I have next to none brake dust.

I feel they are a lot better over stock, I love them. I offroad mine a lot & very happy on how they work. I went with dimpled verse drilled because I have seen cracks develop around the drilled holes, where with the dimpled not as much material is taken away.

Also you will only get the squealing for the first 100 miles while they break in completely & then the squealing stopped (for me at least)
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    after close to a year on them I have next to none brake dust.

I feel they are a lot better over stock, I love them. I offroad mine a lot & very happy on how they work. I went with dimpled verse drilled because I have seen cracks develop around the drilled holes, where with the dimpled not as much material is taken away.

Also you will only get the squealing for the first 100 miles while they break in completely & then the squealing stopped (for me at least)

I heard a lot about drilled rotors cracking, thats why i went with the dimpled and slotted. Then again, I dont offroad my jeep, so I dont have a problem with that. Yeah, I had squeaking in my brakes for about the first 50 miles, but now they are smooth and noiseless. I agree with the improved stopping power over stock though!!
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Figured id take advantage of my Friday off this week and do my brakes. Ordered centric rotors and akebono pads for a total of $324 shipped (thats both front & rear). I priced up the EBC slotted w/EBC pads.. it was over twice as much.. id rather put that money into other mods.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Figured id take advantage of my Friday off this week and do my brakes. Ordered centric rotors and akebono pads for a total of $324 shipped (thats both front & rear). I priced up the EBC slotted w/EBC pads.. it was over twice as much.. id rather put that money into other mods.
    Link please! That is an awesome price!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    rockauto.com w/ 5% discount code

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information