Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Stop Brake Kits?

Member Looking for Dirt

Power Stop Brake Kits?

Need to swap out all rotors and pads - getting close to 70K miles and we have several long trips planned for the summer. Anyone tried these? Price seem good...

http://www.powerstop.com/products
    http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A5870A0A0.aspx

What are you guys using?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Centric rotors and Akebono pads for me. Have considered trying EBC pads but its hard to deviate from a setup that has always worked flawlessly.

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    I just recently Installed EBC dimpled and slotted rotors on all 4 corners along with Hawk Ceramic pads and so far I love it! Braking seems to be improved and smoother even though they aren't worn in yet. They make make an awesome turbo kinda sound when I brake too lol.
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks guys!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    My next set will be EBC. It's hard to stop these big meats on my old girl
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I have the EBC Dimpled & Slotted all 4 corners with the EBC SUV Green Stuff I love it. Next to no brake dust & it stops so much better now.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I have the EBC Dimpled & Slotted all 4 corners with the EBC SUV Green Stuff I love it. Next to no brake dust & it stops so much better now.

Did you have brake dust while the pads and rotors were getting worn in?
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Member Looking for Dirt
    So did some research on ECB -
    Seem a fair amount of people complain about squealing?
    Slotted and dimpled? Thought they were a no-no for off roading? Seems that they would allow for debris to gather and cause premature wear and gouging on the pad?
    Do you use 7000's in the front and 6000's in the rear? looks like there are not any 7000 series available for the rear?

What about the Power Slot brakes and rotors? (not power stop but power Slot?)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I've been told slotted and drilled rotors are bad for off roading by some people and others that run them that wheel say the rotors clean the pads better.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I personally would never use crossed drilled rotors for offroad/mud.

A good set of quality rotors and pads is all you need, mostly everything else is marketing or snake-oil for this application IMO..

I see some logic with slotted rotors to give debris an escape, but I can never bring myself to spend the extra money..... ive lifted and offroaded a lot of vehicles and have never needed anything other than quality rotors.

Now when I went up to 36-37s on my Silverado I was eyeing up a +1 brake kit to increase the diameter of my rotors to gain back some of the lost mechanical advantage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information