Thread: Power Stop Brake Kits?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    So did some research on ECB -
    Seem a fair amount of people complain about squealing?
    Slotted and dimpled? Thought they were a no-no for off roading? Seems that they would allow for debris to gather and cause premature wear and gouging on the pad?
    Do you use 7000's in the front and 6000's in the rear? looks like there are not any 7000 series available for the rear?

What about the Power Slot brakes and rotors? (not power stop but power Slot?)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I've been told slotted and drilled rotors are bad for off roading by some people and others that run them that wheel say the rotors clean the pads better.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I personally would never use crossed drilled rotors for offroad/mud.

A good set of quality rotors and pads is all you need, mostly everything else is marketing or snake-oil for this application IMO..

I see some logic with slotted rotors to give debris an escape, but I can never bring myself to spend the extra money..... ive lifted and offroaded a lot of vehicles and have never needed anything other than quality rotors.

Now when I went up to 36-37s on my Silverado I was eyeing up a +1 brake kit to increase the diameter of my rotors to gain back some of the lost mechanical advantage.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I have the drilled rotors in the front on my wk. I've been offroad with them several times but have not had an issue with debris getting in the holes on the rotors. But i stay outta the mud at all costs.

The only issue I've had is a rock getting caught between the rotor and the backing plate and it squels to high heavens. But it did that with my stock rotors too.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Coming from the street scene, 240sx's and M3's, most of the time slotted is the choice and they stay away from both cause as Matt said most of the time its just marketing and appearance people go for them.. Most applications slotted give the best performance. I never considered what would happen when wheeling but I always clean the s**t out of the suspension and around the wheels anyway, Im actually looking into the Stillen front/rear set-up as they've gotten great reviews and have option for zinc coating to stop rusting..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information