Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Doing some much needed maintenance and upgrades this afternoon.

Spacers
    New pads and rotors
    Fix leaking trans lines
    New serpentine belt and tensioner
    Air filter
    Oil change
    Possibly plasti dip my wheels

2006 XK 4.7L QTII

See that hose and clamp set in the above picture? Yeah, finally got around to doing that tonight. Will be nice to not have leaking transmission lines!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Placed an order for these tonight!

Bilstein 33-104652 Bilstein 5125 Series Shock Absorber x2
    Bilstein 24-225793 46mm Monotube Shock Absorber x2

I chose the 5125's based off of the spreadsheet Matt put together and hope they work out well! I also chose to go with the 5100 adjustables for the front as the RR spacer lift doesn't quite sit level with the front being lower than the rear. The one thing I will have to measure is if I need to set them to the .75" setting or the 1.5" lift setting.

Also, after 7,000 miles I can definitely say that I made the correct choice in choosing the Goodyear MT/R's. These tires have performed flawlessly in wet/dry/snow/ and icy conditions, I couldn't ask for a better tire!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Congrats on your purchases, looking forward to seeing your rig progress like your 5.9, that was you right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Awesome man... that'll definitely be an improvement over the stock dampers.

Id recommend getting some 7/16" washers for the rear shocks. They'll work better than 1/2" washers for clamping the bushing sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Congrats on your purchases, looking forward to seeing your rig progress like your 5.9, that was you right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    Thanms man, but nope, the XK is my first jeep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Awesome man... that'll definitely be an improvement over the stock dampers.

Id recommend getting some 7/16" washers for the rear shocks. They'll work better than 1/2" washers for clamping the bushing sleeves.
    Yeah I think they'll help out a lot. The XK has seemed really top heavy and tippy lately...think the stock dampers are completely blown lol.
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Got ya well still in for seeing these new adjustables up front, not sure how the rears are like the Fox shocks I had but it took 3 washers total each side
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thanks man, now update that sig pic!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    Thanks man, now update that sig pic!
    Haha he needs to update his entire sig
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Never!!! I miss that XK more than any car Ive ever owned, but I dont miss the car payment! Maybe once I get this off road I will grab a good pic but til then the XK reigns!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information