Thread: Looking for some direction.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Sounds good man. Ill find a few wheels while im kicking back after work tonight.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt jumpoffjoe's Avatar
    Psycho, I have had those bumpers in mind this entire time. I talked with a guy from CSL Offroad about getting them and a few other things. I like the idea of supporting Jon however. I also like the idea of not spending all that money on the bumpers, but if you guys lived here you'd know its only a matter of time before a big old mule deer or antelope wanders out in front of your rig at highway speeds. Hell my gal takes them out in our home town, a lot of this country is open range so the gravel roads are littered with beef cows.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Those bumpers arent bad but I cant say they are nicer then SA. If I needed a steel bumper like the sounds of you do, Id wait for Jon, since he basically has to re-create new front and rears the ability to customize them is there. Also since there are more members on than the last bumper he designed Im sure the amount of feedback and suggestions will really help put together very nice pieces!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Ok man here's a few quick wheel options to get started. You can click the pictures to go to the website to see them.

8.5" wide with +10 to +18mm offset is ideal. A few of these have +25mm offset which is what the XK Pintlers were (but I think they tuck the tire a bit too much, but hell its still an option)

MB TKO - 17x8.5 +18mm offset - $120 each

Vtec Warlord - 17x8.5 +25mm offset - $125 each

American Outlaw TNT - 17x8.5 +16mm offset - $129 each

American Outlaw Hollywood - 17x8.5 +15mm offset - $135 each

... I feel like I should make a "wheels that work" thread...

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ok man here's a few quick wheel options to get started. You can click the pictures to go to the website to see them.

8.5" wide with +10 to +18mm offset is ideal. A few of these have +25mm offset which is what the XK Pintlers were (but I think they tuck the tire a bit too much, but hell its still an option)

MB TKO - 17x8.5 +18mm offset - $120 each

With what Joe described earlier, these get my vote! (I like them personally, too.)
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

^^ My buddy put those on his XJ too

Junior Member Looking for Dirt jumpoffjoe's Avatar
    Those look about right guys! Check this out, so I'm behind the shop looking through some old tires and wheels yesterday and I found four 17" rubicon wheels with 255 75 BFG Mud terrains on them. Tread on the tires is 80%. I'm thinking I could powder coat those wheels, throw some spacers on and save myself some cash! Turns out the wheels and tires are off my boss man's old jeep and he says they're mine! He thinks he has the 5th tire somewhere in a trailer. The factory spare is an aluminium wheel painted black. I could put that 5th tire on the factory spare and I think that would be good enough for me. Whatcha ya think?

Thread Information