Thread: Looking for some direction.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    American Outlaws have my vote lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ok man here's a few quick wheel options to get started. You can click the pictures to go to the website to see them.

8.5" wide with +10 to +18mm offset is ideal. A few of these have +25mm offset which is what the XK Pintlers were (but I think they tuck the tire a bit too much, but hell its still an option)

MB TKO - 17x8.5 +18mm offset - $120 each

With what Joe described earlier, these get my vote! (I like them personally, too.)
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    ^^ My buddy put those on his XJ too

Junior Member Looking for Dirt jumpoffjoe's Avatar
    Those look about right guys! Check this out, so I'm behind the shop looking through some old tires and wheels yesterday and I found four 17" rubicon wheels with 255 75 BFG Mud terrains on them. Tread on the tires is 80%. I'm thinking I could powder coat those wheels, throw some spacers on and save myself some cash! Turns out the wheels and tires are off my boss man's old jeep and he says they're mine! He thinks he has the 5th tire somewhere in a trailer. The factory spare is an aluminium wheel painted black. I could put that 5th tire on the factory spare and I think that would be good enough for me. Whatcha ya think?

can't beat the price!

Get a good set of 1.25 or 1.5" spacers and you should be good. Definitely will need to do the pinch weld mod, but that's easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130329_163420_278.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	1880

Matt, which spacer would you go with? I assume that the every little bit counts in that wheel well. As far as spacer brands go, I don't have a lot of knowledge. I see a lot of spider tracks stickers on JKs. The 255/75s are going to be wider that 265/70s?

Spidertrax are the most common spacer run so I'd go with those.

The biggest thing about the spacer is getting the tire sidewall away from the balljoint bolt. But the larger the spacer, the more likely you'll have rubbing issues in the pinch weld area while turning.

1.5" spacers are common because they don't require cutting the wheel studs. But with with JK wheels i believe there's indents on the back side of the wheel that clear the stock wheel studs when used with 1.25" spacers (might want to double check that). So the 1.25" spacers will clear the bolt and minimize rubbing at the pinch weld, especially the passenger side if you have the rear HVAC lines.

255 vs 265 is the tire width in mm. 255 is 10mm thinner than 265, which is ~.5".

Thats what I thought on the tires, which sounds good to me. I'll do some checking on the 1.25 spacers. It looked like we needed atleast an inch to clear the calipers. I plan on ordering the lift components next week. I'm almost thinking I'll order the bumpers too. We can lift it and put on bumpers in one evening at the shop.

What do I need for the computer to correct the speedo? Is there a flash paq that can perform some other functions aswell that may aid me in the future. With money saved I'll probably put on the flow master exhaust and get this thing sounding tougher.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information