Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some direction.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey joe, I did mention the JBA spacer but there are other manufacturers too... any of them will work.

The Rancho shocks you want are part number RS999286.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I went with the rocky-road 3/8 inch steel spacer up front. They are the only one that is a full 3/8 thick and it does make a difference. You might want the extra with the 4" springs your putting in the back.

http://www.rocky-road.com/commandertrim.html

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    ^^^
    I went with the RRO spacers for the same reason. Although they are 3/8", you obtain 9/16" of total lift with these on.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Junior Member Looking for Dirt jumpoffjoe's Avatar
    Fellas,

I got the lift on this weekend. Wheels were picked up this morning. Hope to have the wheel spacers by Thursday and I can get the rubber on and truck sent alignment (its parked for now). I posted some picks in an album on my profile. I'll keep adding picks as I go. Seriously appreciate all the help guys.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt jumpoffjoe's Avatar
    So I had some time to mount and balance the tires before it went to alignment. I know I posted a picture in my "formal introduction" thread. Matt, you thought the stance looked perfect. I think the picture was perhaps a bit misleading. I still think there is a bit of rake towards the front. I don't mind this however. I opted to put on the RR spacer above the front strut. I remember reading some things about how far to crank down the nut on the front strut above the spring. I bottomed it out because I noticed the stock strut was bottomed out. I was wondering if you guys feel that was a mistake? I can't imagine I would gain much lift by only bringing the nut down part ways, like only exposing 4-6 threads on the top of the strut?

Also, when I put the RR spacer on I felt that I really was just barely getting enought threads to bolt it down to the unibody under the hood. In the future if I decided to put an additional spacer on I know I won't have the threads. Is there another strut perch or mounting bracket out there with longer bolts for addtional threads? I still have the JBA spacers that I could stack. Let me know what you think.

Joe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResizedImage951366982573407.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	1942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information