Thread: Recommend a headunit?

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar

Recommend a headunit?

Long story short, I have a 2006 with the 6 disc radio with Sirius but NO AUX input. I had Sirius for 5 years but to cut some costs we ditched it this past year. Now im dying listening to regular radio and want to use my phone (not an Iphone)

Anyone recommend a decent headunit <150-200 bucks that has aux input and satellite connection (if I ever go back).

And is there any limitations to headunits working with my sirius antenna thats already installed?

It seems the OEM ones that have the Aux do not have the sirius input. Or maybe im wrong.

Any advice would be helpful - not going to purchase for a couple months, just doing some research.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    If you don't mind your factory unit there are a couple of options .... Im not sure if it takes the sirius input though....

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...C-AAI-CHY.html

http://pacificstereo.com/pie-chry04-...FVGf4AodCisA8w
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I have the PAC AAI-CHY (I'm pretty sure I'll doublecheck if you want it..) which does take the place of the SAT or VES. I used it in my XK to listen to Slacker from my phone. It worked great. XK is gone, so if you want it let me know and I'll dig through my parts bin in the shed and verify the model and we can work out a deal.. I had a 2007 XK with REC-NAV so it should be the same.

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Any Alpine head unit is great! or the higher end Pioneer head unit is good also!
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I have the PAC AAI-CHY (I'm pretty sure I'll doublecheck if you want it..) which does take the place of the SAT or VES. I used it in my XK to listen to Slacker from my phone. It worked great. XK is gone, so if you want it let me know and I'll dig through my parts bin in the shed and verify the model and we can work out a deal.. I had a 2007 XK with REC-NAV so it should be the same.

Hey if Bones does not want it, I really could use it, I have been looking for something to give extra inputs & keep my Factory DVD Nav setup.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Give it to pjmjr, Hoax. Im still figuring out what im going to do.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
    Give it to pjmjr, Hoax. Im still figuring out what im going to do.

TY Sir
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information