Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extend breather lines

Junior Member Looking for Dirt

Extend breather lines

Hi, I have been trying to make the wk a little more waterproof so I am planing on extending the breathers y found the front and rear diff breathers but I can't find the transmission and tcase breathers, anyone knows were they are?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I believe those are hard lines that go above the trans... not easy to get to and extend.

How deep is the water you're going in? Those trans lines are tucked up there pretty good; chances are your interior will be filling up if they're submerged.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I believe those are hard lines that go above the trans... not easy to get to and extend.

How deep is the water you're going in? Those trans lines are tucked up there pretty good; chances are your interior will be filling up if they're submerged.
    I don't know the exact measurement but it covers the bumper, I am running a 5 1/2" inch lift with 34" tires if it make any difference

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Wow thats a good amount of water.

Sounds like you have a nice rig. Should start a garage thread or something to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Wow thats a good amount of water.

Sounds like you have a nice rig. Should start a garage thread or something to show it off.
    Thanks a lot, I have a build thread on jeepforum but I haven't update it with some last mods.

Yes here in Venezuela almost all the offroad spot are covered by water I always try to avoid them but some times is the only way out.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'd invest in a snorkel if your going in water that deep. Water in the differentials is and easy fix. Water in motor isn't!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yes that is the next step I am currently saving for the snorkel but the extended breather lines should be a cheap mod.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    It's funny because I've been in crazy deep water (I have the airflow snorkel) and never once was my diff fluid or tcase fluid milky
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    This reminds me that I forgot to plug the front diff line back onto the strut stud...... thanks!

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I thought there was a one-way breather valve on the end of the tubes that prevents water from backing in.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information