Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree March 2013

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Great guides keeping us out of trouble !!

What ?? you want me to straighten it out and go straight ahead ??? Ok ???

You have heard of the “light at the end of the tunnel”?. Well this was "The guide at the top of the hill "… after only looking at my grill and the blue sky for a long time... it was great to see him up there !!

On one particular technical obstacle, it looked like ALL our trail guides wanted to see if we could make it, and if we did, how would we look on the other side !

Last edited by 1USMC; 04-01-2013 at 09:09 PM.

My wife sacrificed her ankle and knee to get these once in a lifetime photos !!!

Last edited by 1USMC; 04-01-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Can't see pics for some reason. Good video though. I like how you put the slider to the test!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Let me know if anyone else is having problems.

I spent 1/2 the night posting the photos of the blast we had at having fun and working at the same time !! LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I am able to see the pictures. Making me hate the east coast more and more...

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    finally got are them! Awesome pics! It was my tapatalk app messing up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Great pics and story man, super jealous! I to had to learn about the use of my right foot off road and let the drivetrain find whats its looking for and still to this day I like to hammer it down! Jeep looks great, even better to hear nothing broke and returned safely, these rigs definitely shock people!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Just found these photos of what can happen by not following your spotters

Last edited by 1USMC; 04-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Great pics and story man, super jealous! I to had to learn about the use of my right foot off road and let the drivetrain find whats its looking for and still to this day I like to hammer it down! Jeep looks great, even better to hear nothing broke and returned safely, these rigs definitely shock people!
    Thanks... Feet coordination and patience was a learning curve !

I also experimented with the "hill assist" 1/2 way down the granite dome.. I think it would have worked great ( giving it gas to go down hill was a different feeling), but it was so steep I figured that was probably the wrong time to experiment with it.

So I turned it off a short time later and finished going down the conventional way.
    Last edited by 1USMC; 04-02-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    It is a tad tricky, youre fighting instinct with what you need to do.. First time wheeling with Adam going down a muddy hill that you had to turn the Jeep didnt want to turn cause I was riding the breaks and sliding. Once I told myself to let off the gas and let the Jeep do its thing it caught traction and turned avoiding the tree straight ahead.. Ive became really comfortable using the gas/brake with both feet, I taught myself when I was younger going from manual to auto's often.. I never used hill assist, couldnt even tell you how to use it hahaha.. Still looks llike a great time and even better learning experience, you will find yourself finding ways to go wheeling from this point forward, trust us!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information