Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain Biking

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Mountain Biking

Anyone else here excited to get back out on the trails?

Went out for my first two rides of the season this week. Forgot i need to rebuild my fork and bleed my brakes... almost kissed a few tree's due to my lack of rear brakes lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Yes very much! I bought a Trek Fuel EX last summer and absolutely love it. What setup do you have? I've only been out for one ride this season. I'm gonna hit the trails again once it dries up a bit after all of our rain!
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

I'm riding an 09 Fisher X-Cal. But pretty much just the frame/fork is stock at this point.... for good reason cause the fork is a Fox Float F29 RL.
    Easton Haven tubeless, Elixir CR brakes, 1x9 drivetrain, Sram X9 short cage RD, MRP x1 guide, XLS crank, Surly ring, and some other fancy stuff that is supposed to make me faster but doesn't

Awesome setup. I'm jealous of that fork! Three upgrades I want to do this summer are brakes, tires, and tubeless setup. I keep getting pinch flats! I've hear really good things about Shimano Deore XT brakes so I'll look into that. I'm still learning and kind of a beginner but I really just need to get back on the trails!
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

The fork was 90% of the reason I went with the x-cal over the cobia when i bought my bike a few years ago.

What size bike are you on? I have another set of elixir cr's that i took off my wifes bike (mens small 29er) since im selling her bike on CL.

I got an awesome deal and that's why I ultimately decided to go with the Fuel EX. I'm glad I did too, the full floater rear design is amazing and I love the Fox RP-2 rear shock. However, I'm not a huge fan of my Rockshox Silver TK (I think that's the name). I'm on a men's medium, 19.5in, if I'm remembering correctly.
    John

Ah. Not sure if the brake line i cut would be too short for ya. Could measure it to find out (not that its difficult to make a new hose)

What year is your bike? Fork upgrades are one of the first things I normally recommend. Normally cuts A LOT of weight and improves performance at the same time.... great "bang for your buck" improvement.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I need to get back on mine.. so many projects and busy weekends have kept me off it for too long.

Gotta just force yourself to do it. I'm too busy but thankfully my darling of a wife (no she doesnt read this, but Jacob can vouch for me) is willing to suffer putting the kids to bed alone 2 nights a week so I can get out for some exercise.

Got 3 bikes loaded up for tomorrow!! Mine and my buddies up top, and my wifes bike inside (friends borrowing it tomorrow. kinda hoping she buys it and i just come home with 2 bikes lol)

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    Awesome setup. I'm jealous of that fork! Three upgrades I want to do this summer are brakes, tires, and tubeless setup. I keep getting pinch flats! I've hear really good things about Shimano Deore XT brakes so I'll look into that. I'm still learning and kind of a beginner but I really just need to get back on the trails!
    I have Deore XT everything accept the brakes stock from 1996. Surprised they still make it.... wonder how much has changed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information