Yeah... it happens occasionally!

Went camping with #1 son and his Scout Troop this weekend at Raccoon State Park. I'd driven BY it a few times, but I'd never been in it... much less knew where the Pioneer campsite was. The most remote, nw corner of the Park, actually!

Well, after the rain on Thursday & Friday, I 'discovered' the trail to it that night! A big 2500 series Dodge Ram was pulling another Troop's utility trailer at the lead, and a stock YJ was behind him. I wasn't ABOUT to let them get AWAY from me on the trail, so I punched the traction control button, and off we went!

I didn't get any pics going up, but snapped a few on the way back. It was a nice easy trail, but more than I was expecting going in (I was kinda expecting pavement all the way!). There was about a hundred yard stretch of spring fed mud at one point - that's where most of the mud came from. Had a couple of other spots like this.

The Jeep got a LITTLE mud on 'er... more than it's ever gotten BEFORE, anyways.

Nothing a $9 Get-Go Wash & Shine can't handle... but my oldest enjoyed it, as he's never ridden a trail before! He got to go fishing for the first time ever, too - so a little mud 'n' fishin' made for a good weekend!