Thread: OH NOES - DIRT on my XK!!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Talking OH NOES - DIRT on my XK!!!!

Yeah... it happens occasionally!

Went camping with #1 son and his Scout Troop this weekend at Raccoon State Park. I'd driven BY it a few times, but I'd never been in it... much less knew where the Pioneer campsite was. The most remote, nw corner of the Park, actually!

Well, after the rain on Thursday & Friday, I 'discovered' the trail to it that night! A big 2500 series Dodge Ram was pulling another Troop's utility trailer at the lead, and a stock YJ was behind him. I wasn't ABOUT to let them get AWAY from me on the trail, so I punched the traction control button, and off we went!

I didn't get any pics going up, but snapped a few on the way back. It was a nice easy trail, but more than I was expecting going in (I was kinda expecting pavement all the way!). There was about a hundred yard stretch of spring fed mud at one point - that's where most of the mud came from. Had a couple of other spots like this.

The Jeep got a LITTLE mud on 'er... more than it's ever gotten BEFORE, anyways.

Nothing a $9 Get-Go Wash & Shine can't handle... but my oldest enjoyed it, as he's never ridden a trail before! He got to go fishing for the first time ever, too - so a little mud 'n' fishin' made for a good weekend!

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Jeepin & Fishin... a great combo!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Yep...

Jeep , Mud and Fish'in ! Sounds like a good time.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Can't wait to get out fishing again this year, except I'm not going to Canada again.

Nothing better than getting out and enjoying nature!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

I'm a bit bummed. Was planning on surf fishing this year with the family... but our beaches were trashed. Looks like i'll have to wait another season.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Definitely looking to do some fishing, anyone up in the north east that wants to get together let me know.. Take the Jeeps on some trails, do some fishin and drink some cold ones! If Matt joins I'll throw on some country music for him Haha!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lol that damn country music!

Thread Information