Thread: A formal introduction.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Looking for Dirt jumpoffjoe's Avatar

A formal introduction.

Hey People!

I'm pretty sure a lot of you have checked out my suspension thread. Many of you handy types already have been helping me. Like many of these newbie threads I thought I better do a more "formal" introduction.

I was seeking help on my commander build before I was even an owner. That may seem odd to some but is really quite par for the course. I don't want to look like I'm chasing groceries in any of my rigs

I'm not a rock crawler type or even a serious trail guy. However, my hobbies always take me into areas where I have to have an upgraded vehicle to get to the right spots. I live in Western South Dakota. I do a lot of fly fishing, camping, and coyote hunting. I manage a bison ranch in the Northwest Badland country. I spend a lot of time in the Black Hills and the Big Horns of WY. With this vehicle I hope to take my adventures in comfort. I've already enjoyed the comfort of the commander in the few weeks I have owned it. The kids dig the moon roofs and the dogs enjoy the third row!

Anyway, it has been obvious that this is the proper place to get good ideas and solid answers and solutions to the common commander alteration problems. I can't tell you how thankful I am for all the help I have recieved thus far. Unfortunately, I won't be able to provide as much help to newbies as I have recieved. Perhaps in time I will know this truck better.

I just got the lift on last weekend. Wheels, tires, and alignment this Friday. I'll keep posting pictures on this thread and update the progress. I suppose offering pictures and mod descriptions will perhaps help individuals see some different looks and generate ideas for others.

The truck is an 07 Commander Limited with 5.7
    The custom lift perscription was created with the help and knowledge of folks right here, particularly Matt.

JBA Upper Control Arms
    OME Front HD Springs and Struts
    RR Strut Spacer
    JBA 4" Rear coil springs
    Rancho XL9500 Struts in the Rear

This weekend I will have on my Powder coated Rubicon wheels.
    1.25" BORA wheel spacers
    255/75 R17 BFG Mud terrains

I have bumpers comming and Carls Trailer Sales of Belle Fourche is helping me build a custom roof rack with ladder. The war wagon is gonna be very functional when we are done!

Thanks again for the help.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1921.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	1925  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1929.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	1926  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1934.jpg 
Views:	166