Thread: Garage Flooring

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar

Question Garage Flooring

Does anyone have any experience with the various options for garage flooring like the snap together tiles or the rolls of flooring? I'd like to do something with my garage floor that is currently just bare and stained concrete. I really don't want to have to clean the oily stains and paint. My main concern is fluid penetration between the snap tiles or where 2 large roll sheets may meet. By fluids, I mean everything from melting snow from tires, etc. in the winter to the occasional *oops* oil spills while doing maintenance. Any option should, of course, withstand the weight of jacks and jack stands. I like the idea of the sheets since they are the easiest to put down, but if I want to cover my whole floor which is about 22' x 20', then I'll need 2 sheets for sure, which means a seam somewhere. I think the sheets would also be cheaper. I like the look of the tiles and the ability to customize patterns, but seepage between them is also a concern as well as cost.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Epoxy flooring! You use a paint brush and just roll it on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Can you use jack stands directly on the epoxy stuff?

Yes you can. That stuff is tuff!

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    Epoxy flooring! You use a paint brush and just roll it on!

Well, I've heard good things about epoxy paint for garage floors, but as I mentioned, I don't want to go through all the cleaning of the cement from oil stains and tire marks to get the paint to adhere. It is also a much greater investment in time to get it done.

BTW, how do I roll paint on with a brush? j/k lol
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Well, I've heard good things about epoxy paint for garage floors, but as I mentioned, I don't want to go through all the cleaning of the cement from oil stains and tire marks to get the paint to adhere. It is also a much greater investment in time to get it done.

BTW, how do I roll paint on with a brush? j/k lol
    I meant roller! Lol! Just pressure wash and get cement cleaner from home depot about $12 a gallon and that would be more than enough!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I always browse garagejournal.com for garage tips. I want to do RaceDeck flooring in my garage someday!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I've been planning on putting epoxy down on my garage floor. It's about 5 or 6 spots down on the list though so i probably won't get to it for a while lol

Thread Information